Bands You Think Are Under-Rated?

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-TheWickerMan-

Reaction score
Hell yeah dude!

I've always thought that post-metal/ambient sludge is the best music for really grim stormy days. I can't even begin to count the times I've driven in a storm blasting some epic Cult of Luna. :hbang:

:agreed:
perfect music for those days
primordial are fucking perfect for windy couldy days/stormy days too, shits epic

Yep post-metal is awesome.. If you're fan of those you really should check Amenra (AMENRA on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) and Bossk (Bossk 2005 - 2008 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads).
I've mentioned those names couple times before on this board. But they deserve more attention..

And.. the band Pelican.

pelican kick ass, i'll check out the others :yesway:

-TheWickerMan-

Reaction score

Wiz

Reaction score
Keep em coming guys, I just got my Zune Pass the other day so I literally downloaded hundreds of albums thanks to this post :D

revclay

Reaction score
<rant>
Katatonia. I think they're underrated because they aren't one of the biggest bands in metal. I will never understand why a band who writes such great, radio friendly tracks but yet is still really heavy and dark isn't a huge success over on this side of the pond. Seriously, I think it is a crime how unknown they are stateside. Hell, I think they've only done two tours over here, and I've seen them both times. And the crowds were small. Unbelievable to me.
</rant>

')