Bands You'd like to see move up to 7 strings

• Thread starter JacksonKE2Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
I think Lamb of God would be cool. Wrath made it seem as if they'd run out of those angular ideas that were all over As The Palaces Burn and Laid to Rest albums.

Kheros

Seasons Change
Reaction score
I agree with the Opeth and Gojira, and Symphony X. :agreed:

Along with them, I'd love to see Breaking Benjamin, In Flames, Sikth, Nile, Soilwork, Sybreed, Mastodon, and Megadeth.

Now, someone needs to make a thread like this except with 8 strings and up. :lol:

DaveCarter

Melowiddler
Reaction score
Karnivool
A re-united SikTh
Children of Bodom
Iron Maiden
Killswitch Engage

JacksonKE2Shred

Reaction score

LEWY7777777

Reaction score
Lamb of God, Opeth, cannibal corpse, suffocation, nile, Chimaira (chimaira had previously used 7stringers).

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Slipknot (I know a few people are like boooo! But they are sweet guitarists just haven't liked the tone on some of their work)

Mastodon. They use drop and standard tunings anyway it would make sense to use a 7 to have the best of both those worlds. Especially considering they use a tuning of D standard with a dropped A, which is just A standard minus one string. Brent would do crazy things.

Tool.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I would seriously like to see bands like Green Day or Bad Religion doing seven string stuff. Why? Bands that already tune down like Breaking Benjamin or In Flames wouldn't have much of a difference in sound since they already use lower tunings. The jump for a seven thing only works in sound when the band doesn't use anything like it.

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
I would like to hear BTBAM go over to sevens, mostly so they can stop using step and a half down tuning :rolleyes:

also I'd like to hear Protest the Hero have some low riffs :D

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Nirvana with seven-strings would have been pretty cool even if Kurt didn't use 5% of the capabilities I think he would come up with some sweet sounding stuff.

Oh, and how could I forget? I would like to see Rush and Living Colour using sevens... that would be RAD!

')