Bands You've Played Shows With/Opened For

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
A few months ago, I finally found myself a band to join. They're called Beyond The Gates and they're a pretty decently well known band here in the West Michigan area.

Anyways, haha. I want you guys to share who you've played shows with or bands that you're going to be playing shows with! :cool:

Here's some of the bands we've played with:

-Arsonists Get All The Girls
Arsonists Get All The Girls(NEW ALBUM,SONGS,TOURS) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-Gwen Stacy (this show was actually last Wednesday)
Gwen Stacy (CHUBBY BUNNY Blog Up!/New X-mas Pic!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-Amarna Reign (same show as the Gwen Stacy show)
Amarna Reign on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-The Broken Heart Theory
The Broken Heart Theory [NEW SONG UP NOW!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-La Dispute
La Dispute on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-Dorian's Decay
DORIAN’S DECAY (New Songs and Tour Dates!!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-Behold The Man
Behold The Man on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

-Reinventing Yesterday
Reinventing Yesterday [R.I.P. 2005-2009] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Moorland
Moorland [iTunes, add A Children’s Crusade] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And here's our myspace in case you wanted to check us out or somethin'.
Beyond the Gates [NEW LAYOUT COMING SOON!!] on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The recordings on the myspace were made before I joined the band, but oh well :lol: We'll fix that soon enough. We've started writing new material since I've joined, haha.

(Btw, you can probably guess which one I am by the shirt XD)

So what bands have you guys played shows with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D0mn8r

Reaction score
Am I eligible to post here if I'm the Guitar Tech for the Band?
Oh well Im gonna anyway!!!:hbang:

We have toured with Dark Funeral, Marduk and Emperor, (Return to the) Sabbat, and opened Wacken 04 Black Stage where we were followed by Cannibal Corpse............:mf666: and would have shared the same stage with Deicide if they had showed.

Who are we?.........:scratch:

british beef

Reaction score
I've played with Trigger the bloodshed, Miahope, Ingested, Tesseract, Surfaces, Gehenna, Khalo, Had a gig fall through with Fightstar.
Supposed to be touring next year with Ignominous incarceration and Surfaces.
Also played with Icarus tide, the guitarist of which went on to join The eyes of a traitor.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Ion Dissonance
Dead To Fall
Through The Eyes Of The Dead
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Ocean
Abigail Williams
Whitechapel
Annotations of an Autopsy
Sylosis
Tesseract
Man Must Die
The Arusha Accord
Bleed From Within

Was booked in for shows with The Faceless, Kataklysm and Decapitated too but those got cancelled.

Tesseract, The Arusha Accord and Annotations of an Autopsy all supported my old band Viatrophy once upon a time! Before I joined, Viatrophy toured with Job For A Cowboy and Necrophagist, but as I wasn't in the band I didn't get to meet either band.

Nick

Reaction score
Hypocrisy
cephalic carnage
black dahlia murder
all shall perish
sylosis
psychroptic
bleed from within
arusha accord

some others that i dont remember (sorry)

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I've played loads of local shows which were much more fun than opening for touring acts that people might recognise. The two bands that do spring to mind though are Stinking Lizavetta and Khanate. Stinking Liz because they were very cool people, Khanate because they were one of the heaviest bands ever and an absolute joy to be pummelled by.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
Arch Enemy
Scar Symmetry
Textures
Satyricon
Kataklysm
Sodom
Sonic Syndicate
Behemoth

(Metal Dayz festival)

other shows:

Ektomorf
Entombed
Merauder
Born From Pain

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
As i Lay Dying
The Sword
Goatwhore
Flaw
Whitechapel
Straight Line Stitch
Tony Danza Tapdance
Fair to Midland
Did all of those while playing with either Human Fuse or Straight Line Stitch. fun times!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
known bands i recognize we have played with:

Agnostic Front
Agathodaimon
Arkangel
Atheist
Belphegor
The Black Dahlia Murder
Born From Pain
Burning Skies
Coalesce
Coliseum
Dying Fetus
Evergreen Terrace
Fintroll
Japanische Kampfhörspiele
Kylesa
Leng Tche
Mystic Circle
Nile
Obscura
The Ocean
The Red Chord
Six Feet Under
Six Reasons To Kill
Skinless
Sworn Enemy
Waco Jesus
Walls Of Jericho
The Year Of Our Lord
Torche

there are propably some more (besides countless lesser known and local bands), but these i do remember.

oh, and we are playing with Vader and Marduk in 2 weeks.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
In my previous band, we opened for one of the first shows with Testament w/Alex Skolnick back... Was a pretty killer show. We also played Northwest Deathfest with Incantation, Sadus, and Cannibal Corpse, were 2 or 3 bands before the main acts, was also a great gig. We did a couple of Death covers, and the guys from Sadus came backstage to let us know they thought it was badass, was very cool. Steve DiGiorgio especially loved our cover of The Philosopher. Everything else my old band did was pretty much worthless, but those gigs were awesome :lol:

snuif09

Reaction score
the only big band i opened up for is aborted

and some small dutch bands

bleed
As enemies arise and pound

but we are only together for 4 months

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
man.... i love the fact that the sevenstringers are getting out there! seriously, best guitar org. ever!

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
Black Flag & DOA are the most famous ones I've opened for.

When I was in Bludgeon, we got a lot of fun local shows opening for bands that were on the road. Most of the time we didn't know who they were until that night.

Especially memorable ones were the Quincy Punks from St. Paul, MN and a band from Japan I forgot the name of. The Japanese guys were so cool. They helped heft our gear, so we helped them, too. They had wild stage antics, including the guitarist chucking his guitar up into the rafters & leaving it there to feed back while he went & got a beer.

Another time, the guitarist in some other band from some other place was playing these wild vintage Epiphones. I was up front watching them closely. Dude was getting a killer sound. The audience (except me) wasn't showing much enthusiasm, and the singer handed the mic to me. I had never heard the tune, but I got up there & faked it, singing "Bitch motherfucker, bitch motherfucker, bitch motherfucker..." I looked around to find the singer lying on the bar snuffing a cigarette out on his bare chest.

I got a million of 'em.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
that is badass! :metal: :scream:

What was more badass was it was the weekend after Terry Schiavo(sp?) died, and the Pope had just died after being on a feeding tube(and it was also my birthday :lol: ) and we dedicated Pull the Plug to them both :lol:

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
For me personally, pretty much just these:

Todesbonden (x2)
Gwynbleidd
Cryptopsy (Lord Worm/Once Was Not era)
Magrudergrind
all the bands on New England Metal & Hardcore Festival 2009 including:
Suffocation
Napalm Death
Kataklysm
...and a bunch of shitty 'core bands that were also on the bill.

My bands have done other shows that I was either unable to play (RVG), or wasn't in the band yet (Shroud), where they played with such bands as:
Anal Cunt
Katatonia
Watain
Withersoul

...and more that I can't think of.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Do DJ sets count? ;)

My various bands over the years have never played any marquee shows, but as a DnB DJ/producer I've opened up for some pretty big DJ names..

Latest posts