Banning based on neg rep level

• Thread starter MorbidTravis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So i had this idea, but like communism, it wouldnt work because too many people on here are neg rep happy and neg rep for illegitimate reasons.

My idea was to just ban people based on their level of rep if it falls below a certain point. because in all honesty if you have like 2 or 3 bars of neg rep you arent contributing positively to the site, saying stupid offensive things, etc. and there isnt any use for someone who is going to abuse the privilege to post on an awesome forum if they cant be respectable and positively contribute

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Stealth, weren't you a little red back in the day? ;)

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
nice idea...but...just a couple of guys here has too bad rep, and most of them are 14 years old dudes with stupids questions about the guitars and the pedals of hanna montana and 30 seconds to mars.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
Well, it would keep the trollolololers at bay, but ALOT of generally cool dudes would get pointlessly banned.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We (the mods) already do it :rofl: but yeah most of them eventually got taken out by us. Also not to mention some of them reform when they learn the hard way about this site (like some ppl in this thread ;) )

The idea has some merit but let the moderators decide - if you feel someone is just being a dick and has tons of neg already just report him - problem solved. :yesway:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^He prefers that. :lol:

Sebastian wanted to have all red rep once because it would match one of COW's guitars so everyone just gave him green rep instead. :rofl:

Reaction score
We (the mods) already do it :rofl: but yeah most of them eventually got taken out by us. Also not to mention some of them reform when they learn the hard way about this site (like some ppl in this thread ;) )

The idea has some merit but let the moderators decide - if you feel someone is just being a dick and has tons of neg already just report him - problem solved. :yesway:

ya i dont wanna tell you how to do your job, just a suggestion for speculation you know?

stealth:ya i used to have a little red in the day, never had my rep bar go red though. actually on my first it was red cuz i got a neg rep(as my first) cuz some guy didnt like my song i posted.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ya i dont wanna tell you how to do your job, just a suggestion for speculation you know?
It's cool bro - I didn't mean it that way. I just meant to say that like unless there's someone you're trying to single out this is pretty much how the mods, or at least I, ban people. If they have a lot of red their ban gets upped :)

Reaction score

stealth:ya i used to have a little red in the day, never had my rep bar go red though. actually on my first it was red cuz i got a neg rep(as my first) cuz some guy didnt like my song i posted.

You're much better now, glad they didn't ban you. :cool:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You're much better now, glad they didn't ban you. :cool:

That's the reason why it wouldn't really be ideal to make it a cast-iron rule; even though the vast majority of people who accumulate lots of neg-reps are douchebags, and deserve to be permenantly banned, there've been a couple of guys (not mentioning names) who've come very close to perma-bans and then ended up becoming decent forumites. Doesn't happen often, but it can happen.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')