Bar Knuckle HSP90s

rikomaru

Reaction score
Anyone here have experience with the HSP90 pickups from BK? I'm particularly interested in the 7 string variants for a project I just started on my AX7521. I'm thinking I'll grab a Supermassive for the bridge and i've been eyeing both the Manhattan and Mississippi Queen for the neck position.

I'm getting the Supermassive for a classic rock pup that can be pushed into the heavier realms when needed and it seems to fit the bill. The neck options are where there seems to be a lack of info. I couldn't find any clips of the Manhattan with distortion, or even fuzz. The MQ seems to handle it in a beautiful way though. For an idea of what I look for in a neck pup, I favor the SD Jazz and Dimarzio Air Nortons. I also REALLY dug the PAF7 that came in my old K7. That may be the closest to my ideal sound I've actually experienced on a 7 string. That's the other thing- I've yet to find a single clip / review of the 7 string version of any of these pickups. Any input?

I'm looking to pull the trigger on this purchase pretty soon....as in tonight or maybe tomorrow. lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rikomaru

Reaction score
Bonus inquiry: Do any of you know of a good source to find an Ibanez Gibraltar Custom 7 string bridge? >_>

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
i tried/demoed the stockholm bridge and liked it. it could do pretty much any kind of riff i threw at it. i can't really help you with the other p90s.

rikomaru

Reaction score
I got the Mississippi Queen and Supermassive in the post today, and apparently Bare Knuckle isn't just forum hype. These things sound beautiful! Whether it's the brand quality or just the fact that they're P90s, they just made my left nut tingle in the best way. <3<3<3

Latest posts

')