Bare Knuckle 2 Hum, 4 Con, 1 vol, 5 Way blade?

• Thread starter kgerbick7321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is this possible to do? I Just received 2 4conductor black hawks and would like the wiring as follows.

1-Bridge
2-Bridge and neck coil tap
3-Both
4-Neck Coil Tap
5-Neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
If I understand what you are going for correctly, I think this should work. For this diagram you will need a 5-way 'super-switch' (4P5t). I added a slight modification to a wiring diagram I found on DiMarzio's website (Original Diagram). The resulting positions should be as follows:

Neck Series (Humbucking)
Neck Split
Neck Series and Bridge Series, Parallel
Bridge Split and Neck Split, Parallel*
Bridge Series

6ei2yg.png

I also added labels for Bareknuckle 4-conductor wiring colors since the original diagram was made for DiMarzio wiring colors.
If you don't have a tone knob, you can just exclude that part and wire the ground on the jack to the top of the volume pot.

I guess that makes the short answer "Yes," but this gave me something to do.
Also, please correct me if the diagram is incorrect.

*Did you mean this way, with both of them split together, or did you want bridge humbucking with the split neck together? If you want this to be bridge humbucker without being split, you can just omit wiring the circled terminal to ground. Furthermore, that would mean that the bridge would always be in series for your normal switching positions, so the white and red leads from the bridge pickup would not even have to be wired to the switch (as long as they were still wired together securely); you could use a push-pull pot for splitting it if you wanted to.

Reaction score
Thanks for putting in the hard work! Upon further investigation I realized that I need a "super switch" instead of a regular 5 way switch. The diagram I found that is ill be using is this:

2_hum__1vol__1tone__4_con__5_way_super_switch.pdf

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
No problem! It was sort of fun for me anyways. It's good practice for me so I can have more experience with wiring guitar electronics.
I'm glad you found what you need!

Latest posts

')