Bareknuckle Aftermaths in a '91 UV7BK. Should i replace all of the electronics?

SunOfNothing10

Reaction score
Yoo, i found myself an old UV7Bk in good condition a while back and i cant stand the stock Blaze humbuckers. After a lot of research and testing some dimarzios i've decided to order a set of green Aftermaths to replace the blazes.

So im wondering if i should replace all of the original electronics when i throw the BKPs in? all opinions are appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SunOfNothing10

Reaction score
True say, im gonna do that. i guess i might as well get a new switch for it, even though it wont be green it will probably work better all around. Thanks dudes :shred:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
you can go to any ibanez dealer and order the knobs and switch tip from the new UV70P which fit on the old UV pots and switch. Totally worth it, I got a set for my Greendot.

Eliguy666

Holy shit I've been inactive for awhile
Reaction score
I think so, yeah. The vast majority of pots use the same threading, and if the pot you find isn't compatible, you can find another one like it that is.
By the way, if you want the Aftermaths to be even hotter, tighter, and brighter, you could try 1meg or 2meg pots. Standard is 500k, low-output/dark is 250k.