BareKnuckle C-Bomb/w Emerald?

• Thread starter glimmie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glimmie

Reaction score
After being slightly disappointed in my experiment with a ceramic Blackhawk bridge and Holy Diver neck, I made my mind up to try out the ceramic Nailbomb. Only, the neck version doesn't appeal to me. So after reading up and listening to a lot of clips, I was thinking about the Emerald neck.

The problem is that I can find no Hi-gain reviews or clips and this is what I'm most curious about! Some people advice either the Emerald or the VHII, but how does the combination sound/feel?

Has somebody tried this combo? Please enlighten me!

Thanks in advance, Glim.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glimmie

Reaction score
My guitar is a six string ESP EX mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, tuned B standard.

Any ideas on how a C-Bomb bridge and Emerald neck would sound?

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd ask Zimbloth (Nick) at the Axe palace. Guy has a whole thread answering these types of questions and has a lot of experience with BKP's. :yesway:

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Did you try out the Nailbomb neck?
I'd say go for the VHII as it's supposed to be BKP's holy grail of neck pickups. Definitely talk to Nick though. He usually responds within a day or less on the Dealer's subforum on here.

glimmie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I've sent Zimbloth a PM and I am very curious what he has to say about it.

I haven't tried the Nailbomb yet.. Since I am used to the EMG81 I was very surprised at what the BlackHawk had to offer. It's just beautiful, really good. Wasn't quite sure what to expect, but am hoping that the nailbomb is exactly the sound that I want, not almost. There is a new world opening up to me. The EMG's were good, but never what I really wanted.

Since I am a pickup noob, I don't know if either the VHII (which is recommended by everyone), the Emerald or some other pickup is what I like. I've read countless reviews and listened to many sound clips, but to imagine a sound is very difficult and different than to experience it yourself with your own equipment, when you have played with the same pickup for over a decade.

Can't wait to find the right combination of BareKnuckles, cause I definitely like the kind of feel I get when playing the BlackHawk.

')