Bareknuckle Painkiller v Bareknuckle Aftermath for djent

Reaction score
Have you asked on the bareknuckle forum?

There you will actually get an answer from the bareknuckle folks who will probably be a bit better informed on the subject.

I think the guys name on the bk forum is Tim.

No disrespect to the knowledgeable folk here.

Yeah have been e mailing them direct not much help at all . Basically said we tell you the specs of the pups so if they dont fit that ur problem . Not best pleased with there service . dont care how amazing these pups will be wont give them my buisness again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ConstantSea

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It has a LOT to do with the wood of the guitar. Swamp Ash and Basswood are generally considered "djentier" woods but yeah, probably better off with the Aftermath as it can do a lot of different sounds :)

gh0Zt

Reaction score
I have the same question... I have a basswood body and am currently using a vox amplug metal (it does the job!)
Which would suit best??
Or if theres another pickup you know of!??

Francis978

Reaction score
What guitar is it? The D activators are a great pickup, but if it was between the aftermath and painkiller only, I might say the aftermath (never tried them on an 8, but I have in a 7 and loved it!) Great clarity and tight sound! Can accomplish quite a few metal styles.

')