Bareknuckle Pick Ups Juggernaut or Stock Emg707

jayce

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I have this Ibanez Iron label 7 with a basswood body/3pc maple /bubinga neck and emg 707s. I am curious if the juggernaut BKP would sound better than emgs.. Can anyone tell me if BKp will match on the specs of my guitar.. I really want the tone of misha mansoor of periphery but of course my guitar is different from his.is the juggernaut worth buying? Will there be a big difference if i change my active pick-ups to passive juggernauts?

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffKill

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I have this Ibanez Iron label 7 with a basswood body/3pc maple /bubinga neck and emg 707s. I am curious if the juggernaut BKP would sound better than emgs.. Can anyone tell me if BKp will match on the specs of my guitar.. I really want the tone of misha mansoor of periphery but of course my guitar is different from his.is the juggernaut worth buying? Will there be a big difference if i change my active pick-ups to passive juggernauts?

Thanks

I have no idea if they're better than the 707's or not, but I have the same guitar, and was thinking of trying the Juggernauts as well. I contacted BKP and they said the Juggernaut was made specifically with basswood in mind.
And they would provide everything I needed to fit them in my guitar.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
"Better" is a completely subjective term. What do you like and dislike about the 707's? What are you looking for more or less of? What is the rest of your setup like? (amp, cab, pedals, etc.)

The Jugg and 707 will sound very different from each other, but "worth it" is, again, subjective.

jayce

Reaction score
"Better" is a completely subjective term. What do you like and dislike about the 707's? What are you looking for more or less of? What is the rest of your setup like? (amp, cab, pedals, etc.)

The Jugg and 707 will sound very different from each other, but "worth it" is, again, subjective.

Well, the emg707s sounds great especially in the neck pickups for lead and clean stuff but i am kind of dissappointed on the bridge part because it's not that tight enough for me or it doesn't give me enough attack.. I want to have a tone like misha's but i know my guitar is completely different from him. I'm just doubting if it would be worth it to buy or not because maybe i can copy his tone with the use of effects and amp. If in case i change it to juggernaut, will it be a very helpful thing to do to achieve that same sound with misha's?

My genre is djent/metal/proggressive..
Gears: 6505+ peavey/bulb deluxe od protone pedal/keeley comp/isp2.. Currently planning to buy an axe fx 2 also..

jayce

Reaction score
I have no idea if they're better than the 707's or not, but I have the same guitar, and was thinking of trying the Juggernauts as well. I contacted BKP and they said the Juggernaut was made specifically with basswood in mind.
And they would provide everything I needed to fit them in my guitar.

Oh really? Nice! When will you going to change it?

RV350ALSCYTHE

Reaction score
What do you mean? They'll send you a dremel? or they'll custom spec the pickups so they fit correctly and all poles will be lined up?

Pretty sarcastic sounding comment :lol:

A Schematic showing the pickup dimensions and where to drill the mounting holes, as well as a bag of mounting hardware...:shrug:
Everything you need to fit them into your guitar.

Dakotaspex

The Uniballer
Reaction score
Well, with what you said, the Juggs would be infinitely better than EMGs. GNARLY pick attack, amazing clarity, and could totally still dj0nt with no issues. The clean samples I've heard are also heavenly, and the leads seem to have bite but still be really rounded and smooth. GREAT set. There is a reason those are the signature Misha pickups, after all! :)

Nour Ayasso

Reaction score
Pretty sarcastic sounding comment :lol:
A Schematic showing the pickup dimensions and where to drill the mounting holes, as well as a bag of mounting hardware...:shrug:
Everything you need to fit them into your guitar.
Lol well you never know, maybe they had some dremels lying around :lol:
This. Along with everything else needed to swap out the active EMG's to the Passive BKP's.
Cool! That's what I was looking for, Misha has said that the BKP guys are reallygood with doing custom work, or you know making the damn things fit. Which is cool because that seems to be a common problem....
Well, with what you said, the Juggs would be infinitely better than EMGs. GNARLY pick attack, amazing clarity, and could totally still dj0nt with no issues. The clean samples I've heard are also heavenly, and the leads seem to have bite but still be really rounded and smooth. GREAT set. There is a reason those are the signature Misha pickups, after all! :)
Glad to see people are digging them, it's making me want to buy a pair :djent:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Well, the emg707s sounds great especially in the neck pickups for lead and clean stuff but i am kind of dissappointed on the bridge part because it's not that tight enough for me or it doesn't give me enough attack.. I want to have a tone like misha's but i know my guitar is completely different from him. I'm just doubting if it would be worth it to buy or not because maybe i can copy his tone with the use of effects and amp. If in case i change it to juggernaut, will it be a very helpful thing to do to achieve that same sound with misha's?

My genre is djent/metal/proggressive..
Gears: 6505+ peavey/bulb deluxe od protone pedal/keeley comp/isp2.. Currently planning to buy an axe fx 2 also..

If you like the 707, it may be worth sticking to active for at least a while. I'd swap out the bridge 707 for an 81-7 (perhaps with the 18V mod?) or 81-7X. The 81/81X are among the tightest pickups on the market, and the X version or 18V modded regular version will offer more headroom and dynamics compared to stock.

People are selling off their EMG's for peanuts on Facebook gear exchange pages, on here, and possibly your local classifieds, so I'd look for a cheap 81-7 or trade for one. That way you can get at least closer to your desired sound for a lot cheaper and avoid the hassle of an active-to-passive conversion.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
Try the emg 57/66 combo FIRST before switching to passives totally. Theyre incredible pickups (and i dislike actives)

Latest posts

')