Bartolini sevens

• Thread starter Chunkosaurus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
I've got one in the bridge position on my schecter. I like it.

I'm not very good at describing pickups, so the best I can do is say that it gets a lot of distortion and is pretty damn metal. Which is good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Two consecutive posts exactly three years apart. How 'bout that! :lol:

ghoti

Electric Eclectic
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can do with them on a 7-string what you do with a bass...

Specifically, a 3-band eq onboard. One of my basses has a Bartolini pickup, 3-band eq, volume, and boost/cut switch...and it's great for sound and tonal flexibility.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Yeah, I love active systems in basses. Makes me wonder why these active tone systems never gain much favor in the electric guitar realm.

Stan P

Reaction score
Tuck Andres and Franchesco Ferrefi are the only tone refferences that I know of ... both are far apart, but both hae clarity in their own way:)

Rayne Mann

Reaction score
I had a set of Bartoloni 494 and 492 in a guitar I built. They were both lower output and honestly, I thought they sounded really sterile (for a passive pup). However, the clarity is definitely there. I took out the bridge pup and put in a Dimarzio Evolution instead and was happier with it. I'm going to be selling the 494 on ebay soon for cheap.

I do however, have a set of PBF's in one of my six strings and they sound fantastic!

Stan P

Reaction score
I had a set of Bartoloni 494 and 492 in a guitar I built. They were both lower output and honestly, I thought they sounded really sterile (for a passive pup). However, the clarity is definitely there. I took out the bridge pup and put in a Dimarzio Evolution instead and was happier with it. I'm going to be selling the 494 on ebay soon for cheap.

I do however, have a set of PBF's in one of my six strings and they sound fantastic!

Is your 494 a seven string pickup? I may be interested.

')