Baseball fans here?

• Thread starter NosralTserrof
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I has a little sad about it, but life goes on. But if the Sox beat the yankees with him, it'll be worth it :lol:

Haha, I feel ya, though the Yankees don't bother me as much as a couple other teams... Like the Cardinals, with their best fans in baseball and The Cardinal Way. :barf::

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Ha, fo sho. The Giants and Cards have both had their share of WS appearances the last decade, but the Giants just aren't very hateable. At least with them I can root for Hunter Pence (I'm an Astros fan).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
What the hell is Oakland doing? That Josh Donaldson trade was bad enough, and now Moss is gone for even less in return. Not complaining though, I'd just be pretty upset if I were an A's fan. These trades seem very un-Beane. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to pull a playoff run out of their ass in 2015, like they have in the past. Not counting on it though.

UPDATE: Brandon Moss traded to the Indians | HardballTalk

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
1-0

(phew!) :lol:

Madbum was great, typical Giants relievers putting them in a tough spot, but got the win.

Not sure how many games the Giants can win this season, but I like that it's started!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it's been a tough tough go this year, but that was a nice shot in the arm. I'll take a 3 game sweep over the dodgers any time :cool:

Of course now it's those pesky rockies :rolleyes:

Can't wait until the Giants start playing someone outside of their division!

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
'stros are off to a nice start. The first month looked liked it was going to be a rough schedule, but they've been holding it down. I don't expect them to stay in first all year, but I think they'll at least be in the hunt for one of the wild card spots. Loving the addition of El Oso Blanco and the strengthened bullpen.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Cubbies on a roll right now.

Of course, now that I've said that, they'll go on a skid.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what the rest of the season holds. But I just want to make sure everyone knows how incredibly thankful I am for the SF Giants and their organization. Humble hard working winners that never quit. I think many-o hall-o famers may come from this tribe.

It's hard to imagine life w/o the panda, but we've got some REALLY special players. (and a phenomenal farm system)

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Embarrassing.

Fairly heavy rain in Colorado, the Giants have basically been kicking their ass. Not only did the game NOT get called earlier, it's quite in the rights of baseball to just give the Giants a win, but they won't just to SPITE them.

So now it's in "rain delay" which is unacceptable, AND they have a double-header tomorrow :mad:

Someone should get suspended over this. But they won't.

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
How about that Rangers 3rd? They completely embarrassed Sabathia. I don't see a postseason appearance this season, but I think the Rangers could definitely play spoiler to some teams.

vkw619

Inspired Beginner
Reaction score
Diehard rays fan checking in! This has been such a weird season. Astros on top, Boston on bottom, Rays on Top with almost every starter on the DL?!

The AL has just been so odd this year!

zappatton2

Reaction score
Well, my wife is completely in love with Jose Reyes, and has pretty much banned any Blue Jays game viewing in our house since the Jays traded him. Trouble is, they're actually becoming a real contender. I'm really gonna have to work on changing her mind on this.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
In any other division in the entire league, 61 wins would put a team in first or second place. The Cubs, however, are sitting at third in the NL Central. Only four teams in all of baseball have better records than the Cubs right now, and half of them are in the NLC. WTF, baseball. WTF.

drpepper

Reaction score
Blue Jays fanatic here reporting in. I pretty much watch every inning of every game. I'm also a fan of the Tampa Bay Rays and to a lesser extent the Red Sox. But the Jays are "my team"

SeditiousDissent

i drove bus
Reaction score
Dude, I was seriously questioning their trade deadline moves, but 9 wins in a row seems to speak for itself. I think the Jays will pass the hated Yankees and take the East. I'm definitely pulling for Toronto in the AL East.

Meanwhile, my Rangers are still living at around .500 and are 0 and 2 in Hamels' starts. Next year, if our rotation stays healthy, will be much different.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Mariners fan here. Iwakuma pitches a no hitter today! Yet we're still 7 games under .500 and locally people seem to care more about Kam Chancellor's hold out. Probably wishful thinking, but it would be nice to go on a run and at least be in the playoff hunt again. We have such a great baseball city when we play well... And I was a child the last time we played well. Lol

Latest posts