Baseball fans here?

• Thread starter NosralTserrof
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Sigh. Guess that's that for my Cubbies this season. Oh well. I think all things considered they did better than anyone expected them to at the beginning of the season, and they definitely seem poised to cause trouble in the NLC for the next several years.

Plus they eliminated the Cards. That's always a good thing. :lol:

It is a bit depressing, I agree. You're right, we as Cubs fans don't have anything to hang our heads about. We will be back that's for sure, and hopefully stronger in our starting rotation, and bullpen. This experience should only make us more driven.

zappatton2

Reaction score
It is a bit depressing, I agree. You're right, we as Cubs fans don't have anything to hang our heads about. We will be back that's for sure, and hopefully stronger in our starting rotation, and bullpen. This experience should only make us more driven.

Though the Jays may very well be eliminated tonight, I'm glad they won't be facing the Cubs either way. I always liked the Cubs, after the Expos they were always my favorite NL team. I'd prefer not see them face off and have to cheer against them.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Anybody have a rooting interest in the World Series? Or does nobody really give a .... now that their teams are out? I'm mildly pulling for the Mets, I guess. Really more excited about the NBA season starting now than I am for the WS, tbh. Hopefully it goes seven games.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Anybody have a rooting interest in the World Series? Or does nobody really give a .... now that their teams are out? I'm mildly pulling for the Mets, I guess. Really more excited about the NBA season starting now than I am for the WS, tbh. Hopefully it goes seven games.

I respect the Royals, they were the better team and they earned their way to the World Series, but the sour grapes in me still have me pulling for the Mets.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score

Normally I root National League by default, but since the Mets had to beat the Cubs in the NLCS to get there, I'll let my bitterness take over and root for the Royals. :lol:

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Ha, I already didn't like the Royals, but them beating the Astros sure made them even easier to root against.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cxLl4jrK_400x400.jpg

giphy.gif

Rock4ever

Reaction score
Damn what a game last night, and one I will always remember. I was in total disbelief when maddon trotted Chapman out with a 5 run lead in game 6, and livid when Hendricks was yanked in the 4th last night, well before the 2 run wild pitch. The guy was straight up dealing up to the missed call on the walk.

Maddon is a hell of a manager, but imo did not manage well the last two games. The players really bailed his ass out last night.

I can't wait to see how the cubs youngsters react to their early successes, but if they deal with it well it's not hard to imagine a couple more trips to the WS in the next 5 yrs.

HeadofaHessian

Reaction score
Who's ready for some spring training!? Hoping the M's can find a way into the playoffs this year after getting so close to a wild card birth last year!

Latest posts