Basic set-up...?

Ravvij

Ravvij Creation
Reaction score
Okay so I've got this OLD Ibanez GIO 7-string and it needs a lot of work. Like, $300 to $400 worth of work.
I'm starting with the pick ups and wiring at the moment. I need to know a few things and the one topic I found that explained a few things, didn't really help beyond helping me understand what capacitors do. I need to know which capacitor would be best for my set up.
I liked the sound of the 1000 nF Orange-drop capacitor, but would it be good for my set-up or do I not need it?

I'm making it a single, sh-8 invader (bridge), pick-up with only a volume knob. It has an old one-way tremolo that I've blocked off and the ground is soldered to the spring hook in the back. It has two unidentified pickups in it that look a bit like the Seymour Duncan Pegasus'. I need to redo all the shielding. And make new cover plates for it.
Not to mention it needs new frets because the old ones are grinding on my strings and I have to press harder than normal to keep the notes going.

I guess what I want to know is if I need the capacitor and is the one I mentioned good for what I want to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
If you're willing to put $300-400 into making the guitar better, why not just get a better guitar? You could very easily get a 7321 or older MIJ 7421 and give it the same electronics upgrades for well within your budget :shrug:

Ravvij

Ravvij Creation
Reaction score
Because I don't have that kind of money right this moment and I want to work-on and build guitars as a hobby. So I'm fixing this one up and I'll use it as my back-up when I get a new one.

')