Bass guitar tone test.

• Thread starter C3Aye
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bass guitar
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/c3aye/bass-guitar-tone-test

Just testing out a slightly new bass tone and some parallel compression and side-chaining on different mics on the snare and kick with some normal as well. With the bass I have two channels, one clean, and one heavily compressed and distorted. I then send them both to lecab with some impulses. To me it is sounding better, tell me what you think!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dash

Reaction score
Sounds nice. The kick sounds plastic S2.0-ish, try EQ-ing some of that shit out. :hbang: Snare sounds good and natural but not very hard hitting.

I do think you have done a great job making S2.0 sound good. Can't judge on the bass thanks to shitty headphones/monitors. :hbang:

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Yeah I have to say it is so difficult to get the kick and snare to sound good. Thanks for the compliments Larcher!

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I remember you showing me this. I'm going to have to steal this patch from you when we get back home!

C3Aye

Not C2Aye
Reaction score
Keep in mind I do have 8 instances of VSTs just to get that bass tone (which is really cumbersome), but I guess it sounds decent so who cares!

')