Bass tone

• Thread starter danresn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

danresn

Reaction score
I just want some feedback on the bass tone here. Its only a cheap ashton bass that I got for a hundred dollars, eleven rack and a couple things of sans amp but I think it sounds alright. So whats it missing? Is it too fizzy? Those kind of things, and by the way I know the mix is poor, I just through something together for this.

http://soundcloud.com/danlarsen/bass-test

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what kind of tone you're looking for really. I would probably dial the fizz back a bit though. I'm also using the Eleven Rack and a cheap bass ha. I've found that a cool thing to do is to record the bass as DI, then reamp it with a couple rigs. Get like a fat one and a fizzy one, then fade em around with the DI track, too, to find a sound you like! :hbang:

danresn

Reaction score
I've found that a cool thing to do is to record the bass as DI, then reamp it with a couple rigs. Get like a fat one and a fizzy one, then fade em around with the DI track, too, to find a sound you like! :hbang:

Thats what I did, I reamped with sans amp a couple of time. The main track is eleven rack though, one clean samsamp, another distorted sans amp.

I'll have another look at the fizziness though :hbang:

DespoticOrder

Slave Driver
Reaction score
And the fizz could work, too, maybe. Its kinda hard to say until you hear it with the guitars and stuff.

')