Basshunter is amazing

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.myspace.com/basshunterdance

I've been a fan for like 3 months. What's interesting, is that this guy is the biggest nerd in the world. I think there's a few videos on youtube with the subtitles, but basically... Boten Anna is about a chat room/forum mod named Anna, who bans people, and keeps the channel clean... and he thinks she's a bot, but she's real... that's uhhh, strange. Spelar DotA, or "Vi Sitter I Ventrilo Och Spelar Dota," is a story about sitting on Ventrilo and pwning in World of Warcraft.:lol: I use Ventrilo all the time for Unreal Tournament and Battlefield, so I just find it hilarious that he integrated this into a song.

The first time I heard his music, I was entranced because it's so good, so euphoric. Then I found out that the lyrics are practically a joke, but he's completely serious about them becuase he's such a nerd, and yet, they still have the same effect on me.

It's also helped me to understand Swedish and look into learning more euro-languages.:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I FUCKING hate him... he is swedens biggest disgrace and the music sucks... I mean "Spelar DoTA" is a total rip off of Daddy DJ (dont ask me why i know that song) but with other lyrics on it. Since he sings in swedish this gets played on the radio and television all the time. Disgusting music...

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I try to be pretty open-minded about music...

...but I can't imagine why anyone left unscathed by the crap spewn from the modern music industry would listen to this :ugh:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
oh shit! if there's something like that going on, tell me bro:yesway:

How is it shitty music? I mean if I find out they copied... like Metallica or Dane Cook, then I'm gonna feel quite different about it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME NICK!??!? dude the sound is orgasmic

what about darude sandstorm... please tell me you guys like that song at least...

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
oh shit! if there's something like that going on, tell me bro:yesway:

How is it shitty music? I mean if I find out they copied... like Metallica or Dane Cook, then I'm gonna feel quite different about it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME NICK!??!? dude the sound is orgasmic

what about darude sandstorm... please tell me you guys like that song at least...

I simply hate techno Euro-pop, whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now :shrug:

I think it's probably cause I'm scarred for life. My parents used to drag me to all of these parties that I absolutely loathed and this is the type of music which would be driven into my skull all night long. Fortunately those days are over, but I guess I'm just scarred for life.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I simply hate techno Euro-pop, whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now :shrug:

I think it's probably cause I'm scarred for life. My parents used to drag me to all of these parties that I absolutely loathed and this is the type of music which would be driven into my skull all night long. Fortunately those days are over, but I guess I'm just scarred for life.

ah, now that's understandable.

Well go rollin on some E, and listen to it while watching a pink floyd show, then you'll dig it.;)

:lol:

ok seriously, please don't go do that:ugh:

Reactions: Nik

Oguz286

Reaction score

THAT is a good song, but boten anna... come on, the 'song' sucks, his voice is freakin synthesized.

Just start Nuendo, add nothing but bass and your voice, make the lyrics about WoW and call yourself DaviDHunter or something... et voila! :lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
THAT is a good song, but boten anna... come on, the 'song' sucks, his voice is freakin synthesized.

Just start Nuendo, add nothing but bass and your voice, make the lyrics about WoW and call yourself DaviDHunter or something... et voila! :lol:

hahhaha, see for those of us who don't know how to speak swedish, the sound of his voice is so smooth and kick ass. No matter what he's saying, hahah. If someone sang that in English, holy shit, I'd die, hahahha. I'd be pissed at the world if they liked them.

He has a good voice tho! It has some synthesis on it, but god damn does he have an orgasmic voice.

Wiz

Reaction score
And I thought that Sweden was the only country in the world immune to shitty music. :p

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that boten anna has been a huge (s)hit here as well. There's a lot of crappy stuff out there right now (all you scandinavians probably know Darin:ugh:) but this one takes the cake. First time I heard it I thought it was 1995 all over again.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
we really don't have many techno-euro-pop lovers up in here do we?

I guess I'm on my own!:lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
we really don't have many techno-euro-pop lovers up in here do we?

I guess I'm on my own!:lol:

I didn't even click on the link because Euro Pop is one of my least favorite styles of music (after country and rap). It was a nightmare both when I worked with someone who loved Euro Pop and put it on every chance she got and when I went to England for two weeks and they played Euro pop in the car whereever I went. I thought I was going to go insaaaaane.

If you like it, that's cool though. I just have a feeling that if I click that link, the songs will be stuck in my head all day long and I'll go insane, eventually my head exploding. :lol:

Newkie

Jag har en plan.
Reaction score
Yeah he's pretty bad imo and from what I've heard the will be a follow up to this song :wallbash:

It's supposed to be Anna singing from her perspective or something and it should be ready for an early summer release :barf:

Let's hope this is just a rumor and nothing more

Deathlef

Reaction score
Well, right the moment I came to beautiful Sweden, I was confronted with this particular song. At first, I thought it is some sort of a joke from a nerd. But after seeing it at TV, I was seriously frightened.

By the way: Do the guys from Stockholm know where to go and try some nice guitars and amps (I am looking for some Mesas or Hughes & Kettner Switchblades in particular)? I live at Fridhemsplan, so something within 50km would be nice :)

Regards

Makelele

Reaction score
In my opinion, Basshunter should be hung from a tree, shot, gutted, and run over by a Buick. Then his corpse should be cut into pieces with a chainsaw, and fed to reindeer, all because I've had to endure listening to the whole fucking "LOL" album. It's only fair.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, Basshunter should be hung from a tree, shot, gutted, and run over by a Buick. Then his corpse should be cut into pieces with a chainsaw, and fed to reindeer, all because I've had to endure listening to the whole fucking "LOL" album. It's only fair.

Thank god I've never heard the whole album:lol:

Seriously, I'd be ashamed to buy an album called "LOL."

I mean it's just... so... LOL!

Reaction score
Does any scandinavian person remember these lyrics?: hej monika, hej på dig monika? That is another song that I just want to burn in a big pile with all the other shit.

Nidolf

Reaction score
Two girls studying at the dance program at my school danced in his video for "Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar Dota", they said he was a total ass.
Plus his music sucks.

Latest posts

')