Battlefield 4 reveal next week

• Thread starter Stealth7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Battlefield - The award winning franchise from EA / DICE

and some leaked info

According to the rumoured leaks, the upcoming next-gen FPS title will be coming out on Novemeber 2013 and will be running on both current-gen and next-gen platforms plus PC. It will utilise the Frostbite 2.5 engine which includes an 80% power increase over the previous 2.0 engine. The new engine would also feature much more enhanced visuals with PC being the lead platform for the game. The leak also mentions that next-gen consoles will be running at 60FPS, however only at a visual level of 720p, not the previously rumoured 1080p. DICE will apparently utilise the next-gen capabilities and allow 64-player support on maps, with current-gen consoles sticking to 24-player support.

Among the rumoured details is also DirectX 11 support for PC, pushing the graphical fidelity higher then what we found in Battlefield 3. Dynamic weather has also been introduced according to the anonymous leaker, which will include weather effects such as rain, sandstorms, fog, haze and would be totally random. Each map will apparently gain different weather effects, and will change according to conditions. Destruction is apparently back, however this time using the previous Destruction 4.0 that was last seen in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with PC players benefiting from more realistic and dynamic destruction. Various environmental tweaks include water, terrain and NPCs/characters utilising tessellation effects thanks to the Frostbite 2.5 engine.

The leaks have also revealed that the game will be set in 2020, revolving around a modern day setting with China and USA as main factions. The single player is supposedly at 5-6 hours long, featuring 2 campaigns of the PLA factions and will also re-introduce the animation effects of the Bad Company series. Players can also expect a map similar to Caspian Border, set in Shanghai China with the Orient Pearl tower collapsing at the end of the map.

Various multiplayer details were also revealed, including a short list of some of the maps that will be featured in Battlefield 4:
Diaoyu Island
Tiananmen
Shanghai Bund
Xizhimen
Xizhimen Rush
New weapons include the famous Chinese J20, Y20 and Xianglong while two tanks have been confirmed - M1A2 TUSK and PLA Type 99 - each featuring their own set of customization options such as laser guidance and armor piercing rounds. The Commander system that many have long enjoyed from Battlefield 2 will apparently be making its way back into Battlefield 4, with "the commander providing fire, recharges and UAV detection support to their team."

The leak also mentions various micro-transactions that will be featured in the new FPS title, however are apparently entirely option and not affect the game at all. The first DLC map pack has also been leaked, which will come out some time after the initial release:
Power station in Dalian
Daqing oil field
The great wall of China
Wake Island (Classic Battlefield Map)​

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Little bit keen, I have racked up a fair few hours on BF3 so I hope BF4 is great.

faceforward_007

Land of Ice and Snow
Reaction score
I just bought BF3 for the PC, haven't actually played through an entire game in years, the campaign was well done, kept things exciting, overall was pretty amazed by how well constructed the game was.

That being said, i'm stoked for BF4!

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
fuck yeah. maybe bf3 was more a of a sampler/testing phase of there big master plan of things to come...

I hope that first teaser means submarines will be in this to use for combat/artillery/whatever! lol

The prepare 4 battle thing is cheesy as fuck though haha

Stealth7

Reaction score

Only SP gameplay but it looks great! :yesway:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
does look impressive, a bit like bf3, the graphics are a lot more fluid and realistic. Was a bit shocked that opening bit with them in the car was in game haha.

That explosion when he uses the grenade launcher and it hits the crane, is the best looking explosion i have ever seen :hbang:

Bf3 had it issues, great game though. I believe this is what Bf3 should have been, plus a whole lot more :hbang:

I can only imagine how amazing this look playing online with 64 (atleast 64 you'd think with todays technology and next gen consoles coming out).

Apparently this is being developed for PC and ported. Which makes sense with the ps4 and next xbox on the way. Bit suprised they're saying it'll come out on ps3 and xbox360...even bf3 struggled to play on them lol

Mexi

Reaction score
visually, this is stunning. And they've even said that they were implementing that kind of things people wanted (commander, BC2-like destruction) so I think this will probably be one of the best shooters ever

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
visually, this is stunning. And they've even said that they were implementing that kind of things people wanted (commander, BC2-like destruction) so I think this will probably be one of the best shooters ever

Nice! i really do think this is more of a fix everything we did wrong with bf3 with a new game similar to it lol

It should be battlefield 3.5

I'd be curious to see how many changes and improvements are in the final game to see if its worthy of being a true BF sequel.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I always wait for a new game to come to buy the prequel cheaper, but god, this seems amazing :lol: if my laptop can run it I probably would buy it

although there are some maps that I wanted to play so bad in BF3 :(, tha back to karkand DLC seemed great

Pav

???
Reaction score
Yep, downloaded it earlier today. They've certainly upgraded the hell out of the interface.

But damn...it KILLED my FPS. This game is going to force me to upgrade my system like BF3 did.

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Playing the beta right now, I hate the loading time and the lag. No hardcore mode available, it takes a while to kill an opponent. They don't even die from a direct tank fire. lol

Pav

???
Reaction score
That sounds like a crappy server. I played last night and had zero lag to speak of. But like you said, VERY long load times. Also, I'm still upset that my supercomputer is getting like 30 FPS. :lol:

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I liked Battlefield 3 quite a bit but the graphics made my eyes hurt because my computer couldn't run it on ultra so I won't be getting this unless I get a new PC. :shrug:

Pav

???
Reaction score
For reference, I run BF3 on Ultra and get a pretty steady ~50 FPS. I turned BF4 up to Ultra and had somewhat of a slideshow, 15-25 FPS. I had to turn it down to High and it's still a struggle to hover around 30. I have no doubt the final game will run much smoother than the beta like BF3 did, but I'm kinda struggling to soak in the beta gameplay in the meantime.

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Running 2 GTX 660 and It's not even smooth at medium settings. It's very demanding. I have an old i7-930 on Asus Rampage 3 and a 12gig memory. I think I need an upgrade. lol

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'm running an OC'd GTX 680. It has to be poor optimization of the beta code. :shrug:

Latest posts

')