BC RICH 7 string Stealth

• Thread starter inhuman666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

inhuman666

Reaction score
looking into purchasing one

any pros and cons?

will be my first 7 string

looking into it because of the OFR, ebony fretboard, neck thru, mahogany body

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shogunate

Reaction score
I would invest in a pickup swap, other than that it seems like a beast. Rightly so, as its Marc Rizzo's model....

If you haven't already, this guitar seems very close in aesthetics and function to the Ibanez Xiphos, have you considered that one as well?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
No trem on the 7 string Xiphos, or ebony fretboard.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
Is it available in this blue finish? If so get one! :hbang:

647434.jpg

phantaz

Mt Death Head
Reaction score
I have one of these and I really like it. A pickup swap is not needed. This guitar sounds good with the emgs.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
If you like actives, that's up to the OP though. I personally would swap them out first thing, but I hate actives :lol:

etohk

Reaction score
I though I would want to swap out the EMGeez too but they really do sound good in my stealth. The only downside of this guitar IMHO is the neck dive which is fixable by moving the strap button.

Other than that it seems to be a very well made guitar, I am impressed by the value.:metal:

inhuman666

Reaction score
well guys finally bought it

need to purchase some strings, what do guys recommend? ernie ball?

use ernie ball heavy bottoms and beefy slinky on my 6 strings

thanks

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
well guys finally bought it

need to purchase some strings, what do guys recommend? ernie ball?

use ernie ball heavy bottoms and beefy slinky on my 6 strings

thanks

Ernie Balls are one of the best brands to use with active pickups and if you already use them then why change to anything else?

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I would invest in a pickup swap, other than that it seems like a beast. Rightly so, as its Marc Rizzo's model....

If you haven't already, this guitar seems very close in aesthetics and function to the Ibanez Xiphos, have you considered that one as well?

Why would It need a pickup swap? If EMG are good enough for Pat O'brien, Jeff Loomis and Zebb Nilsson they are certainly good enough for you or the OP.

Sure they could just not be his sound but I think it's pretty naive for you to just assume that everyone is supposed to not like EMG's like you. :ugh:

The Stealth 7 is tiers above the Xiphos. considering the Xiphos is Indonesian Ibanez which I've never liked and the Stealth is Korean B.C. Rich which LOOKS bloody fantastic and pretty much on par with the Standard series ESP's I've seen.

Someone said the Chuck Schuldiner stealth needed minor attention to the frets when you get it out of the box but I'd say it's only a matter of steel wooling the edges so they aren't as sharp - with that being said, Rob didn't mention anything about fret issues and the Beat Street guy in that video says the Rizzo is a step up from the Schuldiner.

I'm purchasing a Stealth in the coming next few weeks and I have no worries about whether or not it's going to destroy my Japanese (11 year old) RG7620.

Buy the damned guitar :tmm:

avenger

Reaction score
The stealth is kinda cool but the body is so tiny! My guitar techer brought in his chuck stealth and I honestly preferred my xiphos to it. Everyone hates on the xiphos beause of its race (indo) but it is a fantastic playing guitar aside from the obvious neck dive issues.

GoreNotCore

Reaction score

except for the fact that the rich looks like its made of balloons... you cant even compare the xiphos. its soo superior. if anything compare the jackson warrior

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The stealth is kinda cool but the body is so tiny! My guitar techer brought in his chuck stealth and I honestly preferred my xiphos to it. Everyone hates on the xiphos beause of its race (indo) but it is a fantastic playing guitar aside from the obvious neck dive issues.

If we're talking the 6 string Xiphos with a trem, the Edge III is absolute garbage. If it were a Lo Pro or Edge Pro then you could compare.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
It wasn't a troll comment. I can see what he means. It looks kind of puffy and like it was made of balloons.

Latest posts

')