BC Rich 8 String Bich (not mine)

• Thread starter MythicSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
Just cause it has 8 strings doesn't mean that it'll automatically be lovable. The artist who painted that sucks ass

AmbienT

User has been banned
Reaction score
I purchased a BC Rich Warlock Metal Web because it played nicer then practically everything else in the shop at the time and it's been my main guitar for years even when put against Ibanez's and such :hbang:

There isn't a whole lot of BCR's i enjoy but this one is a definite exception :yesway:

Reaction score
And now I'm just wondering why the 7 and 8 strings have to have the same junky finish.

Because they are both USA customs probably made for the same person. Interesting there is no "Made in USA" on the face of the headstock, but that could be customer request as well.

Straight string pull over the nut ftw.

Oh wait.

Is it really that important though? I must say, owning both straight string pull guitars (Telecasters) and 3 a side headstock Gibsons, I have found no benefit to straight string pull. The tension and sustain on the Gibson's I own and have owned have been just as good to better than any straight string pull guitar i've ever had.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Straight string pull is more about tuning stability as a consequence of how much friction there is at the nut. The straighter the string pull, the less friction and smaller likelihood of the string not returning perfectly to pitch after playing a bend.

If your nut is cut right and kept lubricated, it is less of an issue.

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
I'll never really understand why someone would order 2 customs in the exact same finish.

MitchellJBurgess

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to see it when it's finished,

Not because I think it's nice, but because I'm curious how they'll manage that head stock, when they'll figure out the headstock is actually hideous and just to fact the it'll probably look like a mess.
But who knows?
Maybe they might surprise us.
Though with that headstock I heavily doubt it.

ViolaceousVerdance

Reaction score
I have always liked the Bich body shape. I can't say I'm a fan of that neon stripe poo, but I'd otherwise really like to have a Bich 8 string with a smart headstock.

In after all the haters?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I, for one, love the body.

...Headstock sucks, though. :lol:

Wish they could have did something with their Assassin headstock.

bcrich-bich-headstock.jpg

')