BC Rich 8 String Bich (not mine)

• Thread starter MythicSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
:lol:

They all sound horrible? The few I've played sounded pretty good, the aesthetics just weren't my thing. :2c:

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Not sure if want to play or break ....

Or go have sandwich ...

Mmmmm.... sandwich ....

frogunrua

Lord of the Afros
Reaction score
And now I'm just wondering why the 7 and 8 strings have to have the same junky finish.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I am a BCR fanatic, I love everything about them, especially the off-the-wall shapes. Okay, maybe I don't like some of the customer service I've gotten in the past on some of my customs. BUT, I'm not quite on board with this one. Though I do think that headstock does suit the Bich (as it has been the standard since the early 80's), I agree that it seems a bit too narrow in this case (maybe a neck-dive counter?). And I really don't like that paintjob. But to each their own, I'm sure someone will like it. Hopefully they go at least 27 inch scale this time. But if I was going for a custom Bich like this, I'd go to Neal Moser myself.

Cremated

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks BC Rich guitars look and sound terrible?

When I first started playing guitar I loved BC Rich's aesthetics. I got an NJ series Warlock as my first electric back in like 2003. I didn't really like anything about the guitar, and the pickups and pickup rings were falling off the guitar within a couple months. I got a seven string LTD as my next guitar a year later. It was actually a cheaper priced guitar, but played so much better.

The LTD has held up over the years and still plays decent for what it is. I sold the Warlock about a year ago, but after playing for years and establishing what I like and don't like about guitars, I have to say that it's a terrible guitar. Every BC Rich I've played I've hated. Though to be fair, I've never played a made in USA one. Their imports are definitely lower quality than most Ibanez, Dean, LTD, Schecter, etc IMO. I'm also not a fan of the aesthetics, but I like the look of the mockingbird.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I own a custom shop Beast, and used to own a CS Eagle, and while the shapes are not for everyone, the quality is amazing (though the Eagle did require a finish repair). I can't vouch for the modern import line, but I have heard that the QC has improved by leaps and bounds within the past decade.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
My buddy has a neckthru warlock that plays pretty nicely actually. The wiring seems like it's starting to go which is annoying but it's not like it's something that can't be fixed with a little solder and possibly new pots/switches. :2c:

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
This headstock belongs on nothing.

Ever. :squint:

It also looks like it's designed to hold balls. Male balls.
/thatslikemyopinionman

Haha, thanks a lot. Now that image will be stuck in my head forever when I see a Warlock headstock. :lol:

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
The only good thing about that upper neck section? That nicely cut nut.... :lol:

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
I love this shape, and I love the idea of this shape for an 8... but I don't think they really pulled it off. That headstock does not look like it would function properly at all.

My first electric guitar was a neck-through Hondo Bich copy. Complete weirdness. It was a great guitar to learn on and I have always regretted trading it. I must own another Bich some day - although I'd like this one to be the real deal.

FWIW, a friend had a USA Warlock many, many years ago and it remains one of the most resonant and best feeling guitars I have ever played.

')