BC Rich Ignitor 7 strings

Reaction score
Below you will find a complete list of all 9 Bc Rich Ignitor 7 strings that have emerged on the internet as posted in the Instagram page “cultoftheignitor”

Which one would you choose and why?

If you’re one of the lucky owners of one of these beasts and are looking to sell, please slide in my dms!

My personal favorites are the purple one in the bottom left of the second picture and the red burst in the top row the second from the left. The purple one is amazing mainly because of the stringers. You really don’t see that very often nowadays. I have a soft spot for the red one because it is the only fixed bridge!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
For me, it would be the trans black single pickup. Two pickups on an Ignitor look a little cramped to me. A simple 1 pickup, 1 volume set up looks great.

I've bugged BC Rich on Facebook to release something just like it before but I was ignored.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Looks like a cross between a Mockingbird, a Larada, and a Kelly.

Not my thing lol

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I’ve always wondered what model Steve was using in the videos of them recording This Godless Endeavor, but never remembered to investigate.

I’d take that in a heartbeat even though I’m not much of a BCR guy. That has his sig Bich are on my bucket list

Rei

BrutalChefMetal
Reaction score
the purple, the blue one next to it, and the trans black with the single 'bucker. *chef's kiss*

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
The blue one with quilted maple top, one pick up and Floyd Rose and mostly the inline headstock

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
I knew I had seen one of those at some point in time. When Steve Smyth was the second guitarist in Nevermore, he played a purple one on the first ever Gigantour dvd. This is when they played the legendary Nevermore song 'Enemies of Reality'. Shame that Smyth wasn't proficient enough to play the harmony solos in that song with Jeff Loomis.

Screenshot_20220211-024149.png

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve's 7 string Warlock was a beast, although I cannot for the life of me find a picture of it.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Steve's 7 string Warlock was a beast, although I cannot for the life of me find a picture of it.

This one? It is nice.

1644593726149.png

There is another cool picture of him holding both his Warlock and Ignitor but I can't find the original picture. I did find this but they cut out his guitars.

1644594156955.png

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
I knew I had seen one of those at some point in time. When Steve Smyth was the second guitarist in Nevermore, he played a purple one on the first ever Gigantour dvd. This is when they played the legendary Nevermore song 'Enemies of Reality'. Shame that Smyth wasn't proficient enough to play the harmony solos in that song with Jeff Loomis.

View attachment 103146
Wasn't proficient enough?? Is there any backing for that? I've always thought Steve Smyth was a great lead player??

Amer Alameddine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd choose the second one from the left in the bottom row; that finish is really cool with the purple edges. I hate floyd rose trems, but the only hardtail option in the list is not for me.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't proficient enough?? Is there any backing for that? I've always thought Steve Smyth was a great lead player??
Steve could play it, but thought it sounded better with the rhythm guitar under it.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score

Chris Broderick used to perfectly play the harmonized solo with Loomis when he was in the band. Smyth just played rhythm guitar only.

At 1:16, Broderick used to harmonize the solo with Loomis, Smyth doesn't. Hence why I said he wasn't proficient enough and was a let down for me on that Gigantour dvd.

Adieu

Reaction score
Nope

That looks fugly and fragile

PS although the pink 2004 photo one looks OK. For a gimmick stage guitar. Like a bunch of the weirder ESPs, it's not for everyday use.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Broderick used to perfectly play the harmonized solo with Loomis when he was in the band. Smyth just played rhythm guitar only.

At 1:16, Broderick used to harmonize the solo with Loomis, Smyth doesn't. Hence why I said he wasn't proficient enough and was a let down for me on that Gigantour dvd.

Loomis' rhythm tone in that video sounds like some one slapping a table top with a rubber spatula, awful.

Smyth is a much better rhythm player than he is a lead player.

case in point:

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Loomis' rhythm tone in that video sounds like some one slapping a table top with a rubber spatula, awful.

Smyth is a much better rhythm player than he is a lead player.

case in point:

Yeah a live tone on a dvd with a full band on tour can sound far different than a heavily edited tone from a single guitarist in an EMG video 🙄

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah a live tone on a dvd with a full band on tour can sound far different than a heavily edited tone from a single guitarist in an EMG video 🙄
Yeah? I don't get what point you're trying to make. Loomis' tone on the videois awful, it's a passing comment.

Smyth's video was to point out his playing skills, nothing to do with his tone. I was agreeing with you.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Yeah? I don't get what point you're trying to make. Loomis' tone on the videois awful, it's a passing comment.

Smyth's video was to point out his playing skills, nothing to do with his tone. I was agreeing with you.

Yes and my argument here is that Smyth didn't proficiently play the solo with Loomis live. There used to be a live video of Broderick playing said solo on YouTube, but it was taken down.

')