BC Rich Jr. V 7 string

• Thread starter BIG ND SWEATY
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wade_mcbeath

Reaction score
I was looking at one of these also, the only foreseeable problem I can see with these is the jack placement, as in to play plugged in you'd have to stand up all the time. But of your cool with that, I say go ahead, fine looking axe indeed.

Reaction score
only reason i wouldnt get it is because its fugly as fuck. other than that, it seems pretty solid. seems like a very good template for a really nice guitar

Ironbird666

Reaction score
Actually, the other guitarist I'm playing with right now just picked one up. I was pleasantly surprised by it, the pickups need replacing obviously but it played pretty well and sounded ok out of the box. The neck is a little wider than my RG 7420 but still easy to play on (pretty thin), pinch harmonics were easily achieved, decent balance for a 7 string V shape. If you really want a 7 string V it's not a bad choice in that price range. As long as you go into it realizing it's not going to have ultra perfect finish, etc, you should be pretty satisfied.

dacimvrl

ss.org irRegular
Reaction score
I have had my fair share of experience with BC Richs (NJ Beast...etc.). Anyway, the PUs definitely need to be replaced, the neck should be fine(personal pref. really). Other than that, it should be quite solid. Be ware though, they don't usually come with cases, so put some on the insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't get it, cuz for a 7, it looks fugly..

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
How the hell does it look fugly? the only two problems I see are the jack placement and I think instead of staggered furrles they should be in a V shape

Latest posts

')