BC Rich JRV 7-string hardtail: Country of origin?

• Thread starter InVinoVeritasXXX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just call or e-mail a dealer, they should be able to tell you.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have the Floyd equiped version and it's made in Korea. Not sure if that makes up the $100 price difference, but I wouldn't stress about it either way. Mass produced, bigger brand companies, like these don't have that big of a difference in their budget guitars. China or Korea, you're just as likely to get a lemon or good guitar. Find out their return policy, and see if it's worth your time. If you get something unplayable (unlikely), I'm sure you could exchange it.

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
there's quite a difference between the two...the hardtail has a 24.75" scale length compared to a 25.5" on the FR, for example...some of both models may be Korean, but I'm fairly certain the hardtails are made in China...and yes, I own the JR V 7 FR (trans purple), and mine was made in Korea.

InVinoVeritasXXX

Reaction score
there's quite a difference between the two...the hardtail has a 24.75" scale length compared to a 25.5" on the FR, for example...some of both models may be Korean, but I'm fairly certain the hardtails are made in China...and yes, I own the JR V 7 FR (trans purple), and mine was made in Korea.

Hmm. I just checked the BC Rich site and it says the scale on the hardtail is 25.5".

sniperfreak223

B.C. Rich loyalist
Reaction score
must have changed since it was introduced...the 25.5" scale was why i bought the FR, I know the hardtail was originally a 24.75" scale.

haffner1

Reaction score
I used to own a red prototype FR version that was MIC. It wasn't too bad and was certainly playable, although the korean production model certainly has better finish work and attention to detail.

Latest posts

')