BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ezkaton718

Reaction score
BC Rich Warlock Revenge and Lucky 7 Warlock, both great guitars. I got the 7 string last year in December and im glad I did. Slim body, lightweight and comfortable neck. Plan on getting many more BC Rich guitars.

(Ibanez SR250 sneaking in the corner)
:shred::metal::hbang:

Attachments

• Phone 068.jpg
    Phone 068.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Phone 070.jpg
    Phone 070.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exo

Reaction score
Got this yesterday. NGD when weather cooperates for pics, this is the only one I've got
image.jpg

I've also got a Mockingbird ST in the "honeyburst" finish, the only pic of it I have is absolutely terrible.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Recently went back to passive pickups... so took a couple pics of my BC's with the new guts. Ironbird has a Black Winter, and the Warlock has an Invader bridge and Sentient neck

2016-01-03%2010.58.07_zpsnwc0s1xr.jpg

2016-01-03%2010.57.11_zpskkahlzo4.jpg

zappatton2

Reaction score
For anyone with a Warlock without a Widow headstock, how do you find they balance? I used to have an NJ7 with the WHS, and the constant neck-dive drove me around the bend. Wondering how the inlines balance.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
For anyone with a Warlock without a Widow headstock, how do you find they balance? I used to have an NJ7 with the WHS, and the constant neck-dive drove me around the bend. Wondering how the inlines balance.

They don't lol

exo

Reaction score
They don't lol

I'm gonna guess it depends on year/model/construction/nature of the wood in a specific guitar. MY warlock a couple posts up balances just fine, but it's also ridiculously light to begin with. It's also the "pointed" inline, not the original, and has a Floyd. Might have something to do with it......

soliloquy

Reaction score
can any of you help me out with this. my friends girlsfriends mom got this guitar back in the early 90s and doesn't know much about it. shes wondering how much its worth as she wants to sell it. i'll admit i have limited knowledge on BC RICH guitars, so here i am.

anyways, these are the pics i got:
X6wPgu5.jpg

XMXvij0.jpg

rdrvzws.jpg

Co9OnOI.jpg

from what my friend is saying, the guitar is made in japan. everything on it seems stock.

any help would be appreciated.

electriceye

Reaction score
can any of you help me out with this. my friends girlsfriends mom got this guitar back in the early 90s and doesn't know much about it. shes wondering how much it worth as she wants to sell it. i'll admit i have limited knowledge on BC RICH guitars, so here i am.

anyways, these are the pics i got:
X6wPgu5.jpg

XMXvij0.jpg

rdrvzws.jpg

Co9OnOI.jpg

from what my friend is saying, the guitar is made in japan. everything on it seems stock.

any help would be appreciated.

It's an original NJ Series Bich from (probably 1983). Best NJ Series they ever did. Bolt on, decent condition, MAYBE worth $300. I'd say more likely to get around $200 or so for it.

Great axes. Only issue is that the pups are AWFUL, so I recommend replacing them.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
It's an original NJ Series Bich from (probably 1983). Best NJ Series they ever did. Bolt on, decent condition, MAYBE worth $300. I'd say more likely to get around $200 or so for it.

Great axes. Only issue is that the pups are AWFUL, so I recommend replacing them.

+1 great guitars for the buck, but TERRIBLE pickups. One little swap and you'll have yourself a nice workhorse.

electriceye

Reaction score
The pickups look like they may be Dimarzios.

I believe BCR has traditionally used Dimarzios all the way through the late 80s. If they were, they were mostly made for BCR..cheaply. I had (and have again) an 83 NJ Mock and those pups were NOISY as hell. I hated them with a passion. Even the ones I had in my '86 USA ST-III (I still have it!) were pretty bad and very noisy.

Edika

Reaction score
After checking at the BC Rich NAMM thread and having a look at ebay I found a Ironbird pro limited, the white bolt-on with the ebony fretboard and the bolt inlay across the whole fretboard, for a really good price and I'm tempted. I think these are from the era they were pumping out the NJ deluxe and pro models. There's also a Stealth pro with the ice blue satin finish but it's more expensive.
I like the Stealth shape more but I was also keen on the Ironbird shape and for the price it's going it's really tempting. So does anyone have any experience with that Ironbird pro limited? Can they comment on quality and fretwork? I know the Mafia pickups are general quite bassy but I have a spare of pups laying around I can drop in if I don't like them.

Bish0p34

Reaction score
I believe BCR has traditionally used Dimarzios all the way through the late 80s. If they were, they were mostly made for BCR..cheaply. I had (and have again) an 83 NJ Mock and those pups were NOISY as hell. I hated them with a passion. Even the ones I had in my '86 USA ST-III (I still have it!) were pretty bad and very noisy.

Fair enough. My STIII came with a PAF pro in it. It sounded great, but it's probably not the stock p'up. I bought it used in the 90's.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
After checking at the BC Rich NAMM thread and having a look at ebay I found a Ironbird pro limited, the white bolt-on with the ebony fretboard and the bolt inlay across the whole fretboard, for a really good price and I'm tempted. I think these are from the era they were pumping out the NJ deluxe and pro models. There's also a Stealth pro with the ice blue satin finish but it's more expensive.
I like the Stealth shape more but I was also keen on the Ironbird shape and for the price it's going it's really tempting. So does anyone have any experience with that Ironbird pro limited? Can they comment on quality and fretwork? I know the Mafia pickups are general quite bassy but I have a spare of pups laying around I can drop in if I don't like them.

I cannot speak from personal experience with those limited edition Ironbirds, but every single owner I've ever seen post about them raves about them, FWIW.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I used to have some cool Rich's back a few years , sold them all, but now....

I'm back in the club.

2004 CS Mock

Cold_Aeon

Reaction score
Silver sparkle mock looks cool, saw it for sale in japan a couple of months ago :)

monkeysuncle

Reaction score
Recently went back to passive pickups... so took a couple pics of my BC's with the new guts. Ironbird has a Black Winter, and the Warlock has an Invader bridge and Sentient neck

2016-01-03%2010.58.07_zpsnwc0s1xr.jpg

2016-01-03%2010.57.11_zpskkahlzo4.jpg

Niiiiice, my mutual brah Spencer (guitar player of Full of Hell) has that same Ironbird with a Black Winter! A killer combo for sure!

Latest posts

')