BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
^I saw that ad and initially it was going for a £900 buy it now price. I guess no one was interested and he decided to go the auction route. In general the extreme shapes don't sell that well in the second hand market in the UK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Found this on ebay... trans-purple 2003 NJ Warlock. Got a couple unfortunate dings in it, but man, I always had good luck with NJ's from this era in terms of tone and feel... and it delivers. Still looks schweet IMO... battle scars just add personality to some axes anyway. :metal:

Of course... the stock pickups had to go, though. In went an Invader bridge and a Black Winter neck, which is an awesome combo, BTW.

Attachments

• 2016-02-11 19.18.12.jpg
    2016-02-11 19.18.12.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 2016-02-11 19.19.02.jpg
    2016-02-11 19.19.02.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2016-02-11 19.19.27.jpg
    2016-02-11 19.19.27.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 51

Rosal76

Reaction score
Hey guys. I thought some of you who like reading trivial facts/stories about B.C. Rich may like this. Lita Ford is in the latest issue (8-2016) of Guitar World magazine and shares some facts/stories about her B.C. Rich guitars. I got into the company in 1993 so any news older than 1993 will be new to me. Anyways, here are the 2 things Lita said in the magazine that I thought are interesting. :cool:

Lita Ford: I even picked up a tree trunk from the side of the road when my dad and I went to Oregon on a fishing trip, and I brought it back to the B.C. Rich factory. I was like "Can you make me a guitar out of this?" They were like, "Where did you get this wood? This is amazing-it's like curly maple mixed with burly maple mixed with fire maple?" It was dense and thick as s__t, and they made me a killer guitar out of it... It's kind of like a strat, with a bolt-on neck.

Lita on her double neck Bich.

"Mine's a prototype-it's an 81. I thought. A chick on a double-neck? Oh f__k that would be awesome! I called Bernie and said, "Let me try one of your double-neck Rich Biches!" But they were huge. They covered almost all of me, from my boobs down to my knees. It was ridiculous! I asked them if they could make me a smaller one, and they did by cutting away some of the wood; there's only one like it".

electriceye

Reaction score
Hey guys. I thought some of you who like reading trivial facts/stories about B.C. Rich may like this. Lita Ford is in the latest issue (8-2016) of Guitar World magazine and shares some facts/stories about her B.C. Rich guitars. I got into the company in 1993 so any news older than 1993 will be new to me. Anyways, here are the 2 things Lita said in the magazine that I thought are interesting. :cool:

Lita Ford: I even picked up a tree trunk from the side of the road when my dad and I went to Oregon on a fishing trip, and I brought it back to the B.C. Rich factory. I was like "Can you make me a guitar out of this?" They were like, "Where did you get this wood? This is amazing-it's like curly maple mixed with burly maple mixed with fire maple?" It was dense and thick as s__t, and they made me a killer guitar out of it... It's kind of like a strat, with a bolt-on neck.

Lita on her double neck Bich.

"Mine's a prototype-it's an 81. I thought. A chick on a double-neck? Oh f__k that would be awesome! I called Bernie and said, "Let me try one of your double-neck Rich Biches!" But they were huge. They covered almost all of me, from my boobs down to my knees. It was ridiculous! I asked them if they could make me a smaller one, and they did by cutting away some of the wood; there's only one like it".

Hmm! I'd really like to see that custom Strat with the figured wood!

StaggerLee

Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone here would tell me from what year my NJ series Warlock is?
Someone have painted it green before I got it. I been thinking to paint it better..

I think its old but how old one? perhaps around 88-93 ? Japan or Korea made?

serial is BC17946 (letter C is really thin for some reason)

Some pictures..

Thanks!

Attachments

• 125431.jpg
    125431.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 125429.jpg
    125429.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 125427.jpg
    125427.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 125426.jpg
    125426.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 125424.jpg
    125424.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 33

Pappatunturi

Reaction score
Hey, could you BC Rich experts tell me a bit about the playability of Bich and Eagle models? I've always been partial to superstrats, but I've become increasingly interested in these shapes. I'm not talking about a specific guitar, but how these models feel in general when compared to more traditional instruments. I'm especially interested in how they balance when playing standing up or sitting down. Thanks!

zappatton2

Reaction score
I can't speak for the Bich, but I used to have a CS Eagle, and it balanced perfectly, no neck-dive whatsoever. I found the contours really suited playability, and the upper fret access with the neck-through design was amazing.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Hey, could you BC Rich experts tell me a bit about the playability of Bich and Eagle models? I've always been partial to superstrats, but I've become increasingly interested in these shapes. I'm not talking about a specific guitar, but how these models feel in general when compared to more traditional instruments. I'm especially interested in how they balance when playing standing up or sitting down. Thanks!

I have an 83 neckthru Eagle that plays fantastically standing up and sitting down. I really love the no heel neckthru guitars they made back in the day. Both my NJ Eagle and USA Warlock have them.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Hi!

Anyone here would tell me from what year my NJ series Warlock is?
Someone have painted it green before I got it. I been thinking to paint it better..

I think its old but how old one? perhaps around 88-93 ? Japan or Korea made?

serial is BC17946 (letter C is really thin for some reason)

Some pictures..

Thanks!

Not sure about the year exactly, but the NJs with Floyds were all Korean. The Japanese ones had Kahlers, Quads, or occasionally, a Fender style trem. They moved production from Japan to Korea around 86.

wedge_destroyer

Reaction score

Having had a Bich before I got into super strats, and still do, I've never had an issue going back and forth between them. It's still one of my favorites to play sitting down as it just looks into your leg, in a way no strat ever will. Also the cutaways give as much or better access than my dinky. Just go give one a shot if you can

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I want this but no bigsby, can't you rip it off and put a stop bar or trapieze there?, the other recent eagles are dumb and abalone-tacky

lwelcicfyej0ujycdx4y.jpg

Reactions: IGC

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
My first electric was a seagull like this, wish I still had it.
BCRichSeagull.jpg

Oh man, I want a Seagull so bad. I had a chance to get one for $1000 earlier this year. I should have jumped on that.

Reactions: IGC

210kW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask about them, but the 2 below are the 2 that the B.C. Rich U.S. custom shop got right.

1999 Kerry King Wartribe Warlock.

wartribe.jpg

Hello Rosal76,

do you still own this guitar? Here is a picture of the one currently hanging on my wall:

1650650982125.jpeg

Is this a legit US Custom B.C. Rich? It seems odd because of the Floyd Rose and Kerry was playing Kahler. There is no country of origin information anywhere to be found but there is a serial number after the last fret, facing upward beginning with 21 and having 5 digits.

Thanks to all.

Best regards
Christian

Rosal76

Reaction score
Hello Rosal76,

do you still own this guitar?

Is this a legit US Custom B.C. Rich? It seems odd because of the Floyd Rose and Kerry was playing Kahler.

Hi, Christian. I do still own the guitar. Love that thing. Wanted one ever since I saw Kerry use his in 1997/1998. Your Wartribe is a legit U.S. custom shop model.

As far as our KK Wartribes having Floyd Roses, back when they were built in 1999 (mine), the U.S. custom shop were lenient when they built the Wartribes. I can't remember the exact year but in 2000 something, the U.S. custom shop did not allow anymore employee/customer changes for the U.S. made Kerry King signature guitars. If you ordered one of his signature guitars during that time period, you would get exactly what Kerry played.

Other U.S. custom shop Wartribes that I have seen in the past that were not built to Kerry's exact specifications that he had on his personal guitars.

Wartribes with Floyd Roses and non EMG pickups.
A Wartribe with fixed bridge, bridge pickup only and green tribal design.
A white and a red Wartribe with Floyd Roses.

The very rare, U.S. custom shop, 7 string, generation 1 Wartribe. They had this guitar on Reverb. I wanted to buy it but didn't have the money.

1650813587773.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

')