BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Anyway, I am looking for a USA made warlock of the same kind. Anyone have any info as to where these can be obtained?

I'm not sure if they still have this guitar for sale but you can email them. The other option is that the B.C. Rich, U.S. custom shop can build one for you. They (B.C. Rich, U.S. custom shop) are still around and are taking orders. :cool:

Usa Bc Rich 7-string Warlock Custom Shop B.c. Rich | 7 String Guitar

-196801605173852141.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

electriceye

Reaction score
Question for bc rich enthusiasts!

I have been scoping the market for a BC Rich Warlock USA. Unfortunately, neither ebay or most websites seem to have any on sale. Precisely I am looking for something like this:

The man using it is Morean. Anyway, I am looking for a USA made warlock of the same kind. Anyone have any info as to where these can be obtained?

It's not easy. Just keep perusing places like GC (they've had a silver one for a long time, but it's overpriced and there's something not "right" with it, IMO), Gbase, BC Rich Players forum (you have to reg for that on), etc. Yes, they ARE hard to find, so I empathize with you. I would certainly love one in my stable, but I think 4 BCRs is enough (for the moment). Good luck!

Thorerges

Reaction score

Thorerges

Reaction score
It's not easy. Just keep perusing places like GC (they've had a silver one for a long time, but it's overpriced and there's something not "right" with it, IMO), Gbase, BC Rich Players forum (you have to reg for that on), etc. Yes, they ARE hard to find, so I empathize with you. I would certainly love one in my stable, but I think 4 BCRs is enough (for the moment). Good luck!

How much do you think something like that would cost? I found one online, no top and just a plain paintjob (in bright blue) for $3k! I was thinking $2k at the most...

DslDwg

Reaction score
Updated pic. added the Seven String Smyth and changed pick-ups on the Warlock II's. The Purple now has an 81/60 from the Pro X and the Pro X now has Gold 81X/60X combo.

Reaction score
I've been really curious about U.S.A B.C rich guitars lately. 2000-2015 How is the quality construction? Necks? Pickups? How does it fair with Carvin or possibly Jackson? Ibanez J. Customs? Mayones? Or other boutique shops in general? I'd love to hear some insights, I been trying to find reviews and it's very complex with the search function for me!

Hertz32

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a Mockingbird Pro X, does anyone have anyfeedback about quality and neck shape? C or D?
Cheers

p4vl

Reaction score
I've been really curious about U.S.A B.C rich guitars lately. 2000-2015 How is the quality construction? Necks? Pickups? How does it fair with Carvin or possibly Jackson? Ibanez J. Customs? Mayones? Or other boutique shops in general? I'd love to hear some insights, I been trying to find reviews and it's very complex with the search function for me!

BC Rich Players Forum for BC Rich Enthusiasts • Index page

These folks seem to sleep, eat and breathe BC Rich.

DslDwg

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a Mockingbird Pro X, does anyone have anyfeedback about quality and neck shape? C or D?
Cheers

Notice Warlock Pro X above.

I love it - huge bang for the buck guitar. Don't know in U.K. but if patient in U.S. can grab sub-$600 brand new.

Neck is comfy C shape.

If I had a signature guitar the only thing I would change would be to add a floyd (which the Mocks have). And mix up the colors.

Neck through, 24-5/8" scale - This is what BC Rich is supposed to be.

If I have one little issue. My purple Warlock II is heavy (Like Les Paul heavy). The Pro X is very light comparatively. Wish it had a little more heft. But this is really nit picking.

zakattak192

Reaction score
Proud B.C. Rich owner here.

N.J. Series Ironbird bass and Platinum Series Ironbird (one pickup/ one volume knob for total Trey Azagthoth worship)
g6PE2mR.png

Extreme Championship Frankenbirdmockslinger
DPIKlHe.jpg

Got this 80s MIK N.J. Series Ironbird coming in the mail this week
gJruR1s.png

And I used to own this N.J. Classic series Bich but I had to sell it because car problems took the priority. Really regret it to be honest. Was a killer guitar for Bolzer reasons.
tAr8vv8.jpg

Rosal76

Reaction score

The B.C. Rich U.S. custom shop guitars can be hit or miss. I own 4 U.S. custom shop guitars:

1999 Kerry King Wartribe Warlock = Excellent quality. Top notch.
2000 Warlock Bolt-on = Same as above.
2002 Warlock Deluxe = Flawed. Sure have never left the custom shop.
2006 Beast standard = Same as above.

The custom shop did an excellent job in craftmanship on my 1999 and 2000 models but really screwed up on my 2002 and 2006 models. When Bernie Rico Sr. (B.C. Rich founder) passed away in 1999, the U.S. custom shop started to release guitar with all kinds of flaws in them. To be clear, not every U.S. custom guitar B.C. Rich built in 2000 onwards has flaws in them. I unfortunately, ended up with 2 of them that has flaws in them. Individuals need to be very careful if they are looking to buy a new/used guitar made in 2000 and onwards. Close, guitar in hand inspection is highly recommended. B.C. Rich is one of my favorite guitar companies but I am still cautious about buying anything from them, U.S. custom shop and/or import.

Another thing I would like to add is that you will get different kinds of neck profiles within different guitars from their custom shop. My Kerry King Wartribe has a medium size neck, my Warlock bolt-on has a thick neck and my Beast stardard has a neck that is in-between the Wartribe and Warlock bolt-on. The B.C. Rich, U.S. custom guitars is nothing like say, Ibanez guitars where a Ibanez neck will always match the specs/measurements that Ibanez give for that particular model.

Moltar

Reaction score
The B.C. Rich U.S. custom shop guitars can be hit or miss. I own 4 U.S. custom shop guitars:

1999 Kerry King Wartribe Warlock = Excellent quality. Top notch.
2000 Warlock Bolt-on = Same as above.
2002 Warlock Deluxe = Flawed. Sure have never left the custom shop.
2006 Beast standard = Same as above.

What exactly was wrong with the 2002 and 2006 models?

Rosal76

Reaction score
What exactly was wrong with the 2002 and 2006 models?

2002 Warlock deluxe. Insufficient room to place a truss rod wrench, any truss rod wrench, inside the truss rod cavity. Ratchet and extension? Nope. Won't fit either. When I could turn the truss rod, the rod would act like a drill. Tightening would make the truss go further into the neck and loosening would make the truss rod come out. I know right, WTF??? As we all know, a functioning truss is vital for a working guitar.

reddeluxe.jpg

2006 Beast standard. Believe it or not, someone at B.C. Rich installed a Floyd Rose nut for a left handed guitar on a right handed guitar (my Beast guitar). Just to be clear and not confuse anyone; a Floyd Rose nut for a right handed guitar will say R2 on the back. A Floyd Rose nut for a left handed guitar will say L2. I had a L2 nut on my guitar. :scratch:

They did not carve out enough wood in the guitar body for me to lower the pickups. As we all know, in order to have low string action, depending on the guitar and its overall construction, the strings must be lowered and also the pickups to compensate for the lowered strings so they don't touch. Because I could not lower the pickups low enough, I could not lower the strings. I wanted electric guitar action height, not acoustic guitar height. :realmad:

Paint drips and rough unsanded spots on body. I didn't really care too much about these flaws because it didn't affect playability, but then again, these should not be on $2,600 guitar.

matteblack.jpg

I know you didn't ask about them, but the 2 below are the 2 that the B.C. Rich U.S. custom shop got right.

1999 Kerry King Wartribe Warlock.

wartribe.jpg

2000 Warlock bolt-on.

zebra.jpg

Chiba666

Reaction score
Had an old dark arts warlock but that got trashed ina house move, broken neck.

I awlays wanted a White Warlock ala Max Cavalera form the aRise/Chaos AD time

Moltar

Reaction score
2002 Warlock deluxe. Insufficient room to place a truss rod wrench, any truss rod wrench, inside the truss rod cavity. Ratchet and extension? Nope. Won't fit either. When I could turn the truss rod, the rod would act like a drill. Tightening would make the truss go further into the neck and loosening would make the truss rod come out. I know right, WTF??? As we all know, a functioning truss is vital for a working guitar.

2006 Beast standard. Believe it or not, someone at B.C. Rich installed a Floyd Rose nut for a left handed guitar on a right handed guitar (my Beast guitar). Just to be clear and not confuse anyone; a Floyd Rose nut for a right handed guitar will say R2 on the back. A Floyd Rose nut for a left handed guitar will say L2. I had a L2 nut on my guitar. :scratch:

They did not carve out enough wood in the guitar body for me to lower the pickups. As we all know, in order to have low string action, depending on the guitar and its overall construction, the strings must be lowered and also the pickups to compensate for the lowered strings so they don't touch. Because I could not lower the pickups low enough, I could not lower the strings. I wanted electric guitar action height, not acoustic guitar height. :realmad:

Paint drips and rough unsanded spots on body. I didn't really care too much about these flaws because it didn't affect playability, but then again, these should not be on $2,600 guitar.

Wow that is incredible. Totally unacceptable... Maybe at least the beast would be salvageable with the proper pickup routing.

DslDwg

Reaction score
The family has grown again

Got this for a song on Ebay - Knew from the beginning I wanted to mod all the hardware. I wanted Pearl White with Gold and ditch the Actives plus add a Ghost Piezo system.

So this is right out of the box. Warlock NJ Deluxe.

Here's after 90% Mods are done.

Here's the new BC Family

While I was at it I Blacked out my Pro X. Replaced all of the hardware with black. Changed a set of Gold 81X/60X to a set of EMTY Blackouts.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
The family has grown again

Got this for a song on Ebay - Knew from the beginning I wanted to mod all the hardware. I wanted Pearl White with Gold and ditch the Actives plus add a Ghost Piezo system.

So this is right out of the box. Warlock NJ Deluxe.

Here's after 90% Mods are done.

You made the right choices with that white Warlock. ....ing tasty looking axe, imo. Pardon me if it's been mentioned, but what's the little toggle switch for? It wasn't in the "before" picture.

edit: And there it is. Ghost Piezo? That's even more lovely. Need to have my eyes checked.

edit edit: How big of a deal was it installing the ghost piezo deal? I've been super interested in getting the whole deal for a while now but can't bring myself to it. I sort of want to add the midi capabilities, but how much of a pain is it to install just the "acoustic" bit?

DslDwg

Reaction score
You made the right choices with that white Warlock. ....ing tasty looking axe, imo. Pardon me if it's been mentioned, but what's the little toggle switch for? It wasn't in the "before" picture.

edit: And there it is. Ghost Piezo? That's even more lovely. Need to have my eyes checked.

edit edit: How big of a deal was it installing the ghost piezo deal? I've been super interested in getting the whole deal for a while now but can't bring myself to it. I sort of want to add the midi capabilities, but how much of a pain is it to install just the "acoustic" bit?

Yep you picked it out. The mini-switch is for Piezo-Blend-Mags.

The challenge on this guitar was I was doing so much at once. New Pick-ups, going from Active to passive, whole new bridge etc.

Overall the install was not hard. You should be comfortable with a soldering iron. Depending on the bridge it can get challenging. This is the Graph Tech floyd so I just had to drop it in and with the floyd cavity you've got plenty of room to snake the piezo wires through the body. On a Tune-O-Matic or other styles of bridges you may have to drill the bridge and guitar to make a really clean install.

Beside the bridge issue it's pretty straight forward. The acoustic kit is basically plug and play. Then you just have to solder in your mags to the Graph Tech system.

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
God yeah, the gold on white works so much better on a Warlock than I thought it would, really awesome work man, love it................

............and it's got the proper headstock too ;)

Latest posts

')