BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonsick

Reaction score
They (B.C. Rich, U.S. custom shop) are still around and are taking orders. :cool:

Really? I tried 2-3 years ago to place an order. I approached several different dealers and the BC Rich custom shop email themselves.

The replies I did get were either "Sorry we can't order it" or "Nobody seems to be around at BC Rich to give the order to".

I had a UK dealer go through the distro and direct to BC Rich in the states. They couldn't get a single answer even to the question of "Do these mofos even exist?" They did try for me over a few weeks.

In the end I went with Jackson for a custom shop guitar as it was next on my bucket list. But as far as I know, whether or not they exist, it's impossible to order anything. It really was a case of I have money, there just didn't seem to be anybody to give it to!

Unless somebody knows something I don't of course!

However my next custom shop is off to both ESP and Jackson. I'm doing a Custom Select Jackson and ESP 7-string order at the same time. *puts finger on ass then makes sizzling sound*

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
In 2012, I think, someone ordered a blue ignitor on this forum. Turned out real pretty, but there were some bumps along the way if I recall correctly. I'd link to the thread/threads, but I'm using my phone so I'm being lazy. Google will help you out though. (I think even just searching "bc rich ignitor" will turn up a thread.)

Rosal76

Reaction score
Really? I tried 2-3 years ago to place an order. I approached several different dealers and the BC Rich custom shop email themselves.

According to Tim Keyes, B.C. Rich's production manager, the U.S. custom shop is a 2 man team and is still taking orders. Here is a Youtube video of Tim mentioning the U.S. custom shop. Of course, Tim claiming something is only good if they can back it up. :cool:

At 7:16 - 7:58.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXtM7KX-FZA

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
So I was scrolling through eBay the other day, trying to find a hardtail Warlock that wasn't covered in tribal patterns or made in China, and I stumbled on one called a Warlock Flux. This joker here: BC Rich Warlock Flux

Contoured, trans-black, hardtail and Korean-made, with an interesting set of pickups. Never heard of this model before. Thought about it. Thought about it. So I made an offer yesterday afternoon and it was accepted. It somehow wound up on my porch at 10am this morning :lol: (There are some perks to living in FedEx City) Here's a few pics before I send it out for a setup and give it a proper NGD. Holy cow, this is a beautiful Warlock in every way -- wish the finish showed up better in these pics. (Cat and dog photobombs, you're welcome!)

Breeding The Spawn

Reaction score
RXGz4le.jpg

Retro B.C. Rich Gunslinger - Seymour Duncan Distortion (no longer own it)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Neck Thru Series - EMG81/85

Vede

Reaction score
Had been craving a Pro X Mockingbird, had wanted to try a set of EMG 57/66 pickups, soooo...

Sounded great with the 81/60 set. Sounds, looks and feels even better with the 57/66 set!

Rosal76

Reaction score
http://www.bcrich.com/products/view/warlock-fluxContoured, trans-black, hardtail and Korean-made, with an interesting set of pickups.

What's also interesting is that I believe this is the first import Warlock to have it's pickup selector switch on the top horn. I've seen them on U.S. custom shop Warlocks before and it took some time for me to get used to but it looks really cool.

Congrats on your new Warlock.

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
What's also interesting is that I believe this is the first import Warlock to have it's pickup selector switch on the top horn. I've seen them on U.S. custom shop Warlocks before and it took some time for me to get used to but it looks really cool.

Congrats on your new Warlock.
Huh, I honestly did not notice that! This is actually my first Warlock, even though I've wanted one since I was a teen. Just seemed hard to find a good one that was also a hardtail -- I had an NJ Deluxe V for a little bit and figured the Warlock version would be just as high-quality, but ... not a hardtail :( This Flux though seems to be the one I've been waiting for.

Reaction score
I miss my B.C. Rich Guitars. :( I've had quite a few custom shop's over the years. Here's a few that I still have pics of:

Matte White Custom Shop Beast:

front_full.jpg

Glow in the Dark Gunslinger:

BCRICH_SCARYFACE-2.jpg

Black with Silver Bevels Custom Shop Beast:

Black_Beast_Front7.JPG

Rosal76

Reaction score
I've had quite a few custom shop's over the years.

Wow, the white Beast is freaking nice. Probably the first Beast I have ever seen in that color. The black Beast volume control knobs/pickup selector switch layout is unique because I've never seen them lined up so straight before. Very cool. :yesway:

I miss my B.C. Rich Guitars. :(

Why did you sell them off?

Reaction score
Why did you sell them off?

I thought I was done playing Guitar. I quit for probably a good 5 years. Then got the itch back but told myself since it wasn't serious anymore I'd be fine with some cheap over seas guitars..... Of course that didn't work out! lol Now I'm doing the Carvin/Kiesel thing. They just CAN NOT be beat for the price.

electriceye

Reaction score
I know who has that Gunslinger. He's got some sweet ones. I would kill to get my hands on it. That's an axe I couldn't get rid of, even if I didn't play. :)

chrismilne

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to sell a used 1987 (i'm pretty sure) Warlock...and value? I custom ordered it when i was in high school. Still plays and sounds great, has it's share of dings in the paint unfortunately...i've seen pricess all over from $1200 to $3000 for these older USA made BC Rich guitars....

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
Ebay? Craigslist?

I've seen all manner of USA Rich's go for a lot less too so don't get too excited.

Post a pic so we can see it.

Bish0p34

Reaction score
I miss my B.C. Rich Guitars. :( I've had quite a few custom shop's over the years. Here's a few that I still have pics of:

Matte White Custom Shop Beast:

front_full.jpg

Glow in the Dark Gunslinger:

BCRICH_SCARYFACE-2.jpg

Black with Silver Bevels Custom Shop Beast:

Black_Beast_Front7.JPG

That's the second Gunslinger I've seen like that. A friend has one. Never thought I'd see another.

Bish0p34

Reaction score
Pics of mine. The snakeskin I still have. The other is gone now. They're both from the mid 80's.

1490837_10151898010333759_1004760637_o.jpg

1039579_10151898061568759_1939656348_o.jpg

1450343_10151898132618759_387616875_n.jpg

Latest posts

')