BC Rich owners club!!!!

• Thread starter Force
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paincakes

Reaction score
My 1999 USA Handmade BC Rich ASM-1

Bought this guitar new in 2000. Swapped the JB for a Distortion in the bridge recently.
Bernie Rico (not Junior) signature on the back of the headstock.

Mahogany neck-through, quilted maple top, ebony board, abalone "shark tooth" inlays, Original Floyd Rose, and Trans Black finish.

I've reached out to BC Rich several times to get additional detailed specs (specifically neck dimensions & shape), and I have never received a reply from them. Thanks BC Rich! /s

2JZT4T4.jpg

tQda3Bq.jpg

CxaRmem.jpg

iGAZM7z.jpg

SKI7xC3.jpg

8XRZV6L.jpg

Bernie Rico signature:
rG5zNIy.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm a big beast fan :)

Question: How much more heavy, if there is a difference, are your 7 string Beasts compared to your 6 string Beast? I own a 6 string Beast and have always wondered about the weight of 7 string version. :cool:

Cold_Aeon

Reaction score
Question: How much more heavy, if there is a difference, are your 7 string Beasts compared to your 6 string Beast? I own a 6 string Beast and have always wondered about the weight of 7 string version. :cool:

My heaviest beast is 6 string. Its a little bit thicker then others and have maple wings and neck. Actually its one of the first silver bevelled beasts and a cs beasts at all - have a Bernie SR signature.
7strs are have tone chambers and more light-weight wood.

Cold_Aeon

Reaction score
I've reached out to BC Rich several times to get additional detailed specs (specifically neck dimensions & shape), and I have never received a reply from them. Thanks BC Rich! /s

Unfortunately they have info only guitars that were build after 2001 when Hanser become the owner.

zakattak192

Reaction score
And not even 10 minutes ago I just ordered another one....

7rRqXzF.png

Missing the bridge pup but $125 for an 80's NJ Warlock is too good to pass up.

Bloodshredder

Reaction score
Boner alert....

The widow headstock is (to me) the most badass headstock on the planet.

Gren

Reaction score
Any ideas what series this is? Bolt-on with R logo, no neck plate. Has come up locally for a low price so I'm pretty tempted... Just don't want to buy a ....ter.

MWK4eIq.png

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
And not even 10 minutes ago I just ordered another one....

7rRqXzF.png

Missing the bridge pup but $125 for an 80's NJ Warlock is too good to pass up.

Oh God have mercy for this unfortunate soul who have a guitar with a Kahler 2550

Gren

Reaction score
Any ideas what series this is? Bolt-on with R logo, no neck plate. Has come up locally for a low price so I'm pretty tempted... Just don't want to buy a ....ter.

MWK4eIq.png

Well this turned out to be JE series which were Japan only so I made an offer before someone else found it. Brought it home today, needs a hell of a tidy up. Frets were rusty and oxidized, scotch brite sorted that out. Some of the LFR bits were stuffed so I replaced with some black Schaller parts I had.

OKUx9K4.jpg

Neck is OK, was expecting it to feel nicer for an MIJ instrument - will judge properly when she's strung up.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Had to purge three-quarters of my guitar collection, and this guy was among the casualties. Really miss this guitar, heavy as hell but so much fun to play...

')