BC Rich Wave - cool and/or ugly?

• Thread starter troyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not too fond of it...I like the finish though.
What do those holes do?

It's supposed to support the resonance of the low B or something or other, though from what I hear the consensus is that they do absolutely nothing. At least anything very noticeable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I've never seen that body style before, pretty sexy IMO.

Solstafir

Reaction score
if it didn;t have that top, i'd prolly swirl the living hell out of it, and redefine the word "wave" :hbang:

Hollowman

Reaction score
I personally don't care for the Widow headstock the Traditional one would have been better, however Dude, if you like it, get it. ultimately it's YOUR choice and nickel anyway..

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the finish, the shape is badass though.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
The curved horns are pretty reminiscent of Elrick basses, the speed holes are awful though!

elrick_bass_5_strings_a-p_bartolini_pick_up.jpg

troyguitar

Reaction score
I personally don't care for the Widow headstock the Traditional one would have been better, however Dude, if you like it, get it. ultimately it's YOUR choice and nickel anyway..

Like I said, if I had that kind of cash laying around it would already be mine. I just figured other people might be interested to see it since I normally hate weird shapes but actually like this one.

Slamp

Reaction score
It's supposed to support the resonance of the low B or something or other, though from what I hear the consensus is that they do absolutely nothing. At least anything very noticeable.

I have those holes on my warlock too, and can't really tell if they help or hinder that resonance in any way.
I have been known to on occation place my cigarette in one of them while playing though, just for the giggles:lol:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
No guys... the holes are a medieval thing... they are there so that when you carve your "axe" into someones flesh blood will flow into them creating suction and when you remove said "axe" It tears muscles out.

What else could you possibly confuse it for :rolleyes::fawk:

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
I really don't know about that shape. Every other time I see it I change my opinion :lol:

NecriteIstKrieg

Reaction score
love Waves, but that one is hideous with the ballsack headstock

now this is a wave

my 1983 Nagoya Japan NT Wave

100_0075-1.jpg

')