Beat Portal Yesterday

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    portal
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think i've ever had that much fun in a game in quite a long time. Especially at the "end" of the last test level... That was DEFINATELY an OH SHIT moment. One little line of dialog that slipped past me on the first run through was "You will be baked, and then you can have your cake"
:lol:

I'm glad I finally got to play this game. Anyone who hasn't yet, should, especially since it's only 2-3 hours long.

Off to play HL2 and the first two Episodes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
It's one of the best games I've ever played, pretty close to the level of awesomeness that the original Sam & Max game has.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm...I really need to check this out somehow.

If you have a decent computer (doesn't need to be that powerful) you can download it from Valve's Steam service. Not sure how much it costs, but I assume it's cheaper than getting the orange box.

MrJack

Paha Arkkitehti
Reaction score
Portal on its own is 19.95$ while Orange Box is 49.95$. I'd say that if you don't have HL2 and the episodes, it's worth getting the Orange Box.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a decent computer (doesn't need to be that powerful) you can download it from Valve's Steam service. Not sure how much it costs, but I assume it's cheaper than getting the orange box.

I'm on a Mac. And damn proud of it. I prefer console gaming mostly anyways, but we plan on buying a decent PC at some point for the few new games and bunch of old games we want to play.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Over New Years break, I beat Lost Odyssey, Portal, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode One, and got to the end of Half Life 2: Episode Two (I'll probably beat that this weekend).

Portal was good, but WAYYY too short. I beat the whole game in about 2 and a half hours, which was even shorter than Half Life 2: Episode One, which I beat in 4-5 hours.

And The Orange Box is one of the best deals in gaming ever. 5 amazing games for $50 or less (I think the PC version is like $40, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are $50).

EDIT: Some hilarious parts from Portal.

YouTube - Portal - GLaDOS - Miscellaneous Babble

This is, BY FAR, my favorite line GlaDOS says in the entire game: YouTube - Portal - And You were like NO WAY

goth_fiend

Reaction score
I have my own companion cube, got if for christmas

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Hmm...I really need to check this out somehow.

You've never played it and, yet, somehow knew that Mike Patton voiced the anger sphere?

The anger sphere only has one line in the entire game and that line is "grfrgrraaagrrrrrrrgggrraaaffgggggkkkfgraaagrtlgraaaagflgraaklaaaagrrraglkkkaaaaafruuublkgaaaa!!"

My personal favorite of the spheres was the curiosity sphere:

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Portal was easy to beat, but getting the Gold Achievements on the Bonus missions are fucking HARD!!! The 'Least Portals' are reasonably do-able, but some of the 'Least Time' or 'Least Steps' are crazy.

Also this is how to beat Portal in 18mins:D

Also Advanced Bunnyhopping ftw!

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
You've never played it and, yet, somehow knew that Mike Patton voiced the anger sphere?

The anger sphere only has one line in the entire game and that line is "grfrgrraaagrrrrrrrgggrraaaffgggggkkkfgraaagrtlgraaaagflgraaklaaaagrrraglkkkaaaaafruuublkgaaaa!!"

My personal favorite of the spheres was the curiosity sphere:

IMDB :shrug:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Portal may have been easy, but the storyline, concept and humour within it were something that I have never seen so well put together before. I loved it. And the ending was absolutely hilarious. :yesway:

Nick

Reaction score
iv got the orange box but unfortunatley i also have assasins creed call of duty 4 ace combat 6 which im starting to enjoy now iv got over it not being the best game ever and the other half life games to play though!!!

il give portal a go tonight

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Portal may have been easy, but the storyline, concept and humour within it were something that I have never seen so well put together before. I loved it. And the ending was absolutely hilarious. :yesway:

I wouldn't call it "easy" because I DID get hung up on several spots. Like where you had to use a portal and that rocket launcher to break the glass, and then use it to break the tube to get a cube. I actually couldn't figure that out, and used a desk chair to jump through the vent. :ugh:

And the end took me three tries, I had to look up where the second orb went, I just saw it fly off into the distance.

I loved placing portals high up, and sending turrets through them (that's how I got past that big room)

il give portal a go tonight

Go for it, it only takes 2 hours or so to complete. So long as you learn to manipulate the portals correctly.

')