Becoming your own worst enemy?

• Thread starter TheSeventhHead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
Try getting banned from playing a venue because the crowd got too nuts. It happened to my band earlier last year. The venue closed about a month later. We're "that" band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I was in a band with a good friend of mine when he started going off the deep end. He'd show up to a show dressed like a homeless man, had been up for days, crying his problems to everyone, pissing off the sound guy, pounding hard booze, but playing rather well. Im not a bragger, but in that scene there weren't many great guitar players and my technique and improvising seemed to blow people away and we would receive frequent compliments. My friend took this to the head and he started getting worse to the point where I would pack up and leave after our set. I couldn't watch one of my best friends in the world do all this damage to himself and act like an ass at our shows. Between me leaving all the time and him getting out-of-his-mind wasted and drugged up, it killed us as a band.

djentbojangle

Reaction score
I haven't had an experience like that nor do I think I ever will. It's not that hard to just not get drunk and act like a retard at your show.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
you'ld think so....

The only time I've ever really been a dick is when we're totally on the wrong bill and I just can't stand the bands we're playing with.....I spent one night a few weeks ago smokin' weed in my car while three other bands played....shitty ass pop "metal"

Vzmike

Reaction score
My bassist in my old band stopped playing not only mid-set, but mid-song to go take a piss, and hopped back on like nothing was wrong with it. Needless to say the "Dude....WHY?" our singer gave him was pretty well received by the crowd. But I think that was because we sounded absolutely sub-par because our drummer got piss drunk. Did I mention he projectile vomited after our set?

Some people just weren't meant for the stage....but don't beat yourself up about it dude. The fact that you realized your faults shows you have a lot of character that some people go a lifetime without. Just let it make you stronger.

I Voyager

Reaction score
Had a pretty shit show experience myself yesterday. Opened up for that Chimaira/IWABO/Oceano tour and was so unprepared it wasn't even funny. We were rushing so much to start playing I didn't even turn my cab simulation off my Axe FX when I hooked it up to the house cab haha. Not to mention we didn't even have time to properly tune our guitars and on top of that I ....ed up while playing a lot. Apparently we were good though according to other people :lol:

Also, mad trippy being backstage in a tiny ass room and Emil Werstler is right there setting up his guitars. Such a cool night (aside from my band's set)

')