Been here for a while, but never said Hello!

• Thread starter MattyinChains
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm Matty from the UK. Been on the forums for a few months but never gave a proper introduction and have only just recently started posting. Been playing guitar for some 12 years now but only gotten into a serious gigging band in the past 2. Finally moving onto 7 strings soon after a lot of time talking about it as I do adore that low B!

My current 7 is a Mayones Setius GTM 7. Absolutely love it but got my eye on a Skervesen Raptor... very nice.

Nothing spectacular in the 6 string area. Schecter Hellraiser tempest is my main workhorse 6 as my Gibson Les Paul is just a bit too precious and now, for me, priceless to be taking to gigs and getting battered.

Running through a Blackstar Club 50. Nothing mega, but I tried more expensive amps such as the BS Series One and the Peavey 6505 and they were just far too distorted. I think with my picking technique (I pick extremely hard with winspear picks using 56-12 on my 6) a more overdriven amp gives me the distortion I'm after. A lot of clarity and a lot of attack. If its too distorted it just ends up sounding like noise (however I do love dutty pinches)

I'm in the band By Crimson Light from Manchester, UK. Released and EP in the summer last year and releasing our second (and much better) EP in the coming months.

Here is the debut single off our second EP 'Aeons'

Here is the debut single off our first EP 'Fragments'

And finally our Facebook

www.facebook.com/bycrimsonlight

Anyways, theres my ramblings! See you in the forum!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

')