Been playing with my first 7...

• Thread starter ckadaverr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ckadaverr

Mr. Chad
Reaction score
ya, i know. ibanez rg7321. budget.

for some reason the tension on the low B was ridiculously low and twanged the third fret out of the box. thank JEBUS it came with the small ... tool thing that allowed me to adjust the hardtail (btw, hardtails are godsends). the tension is tighter than my 6 string jackson v, and i played in B standard with it (for prep :lol: ). i wanted an authentic B tone without the loose tension. after some tweaking, it sounds bright and punchy, and crunchy and resonant when muted.

lol don't laugh, i play through an epiphone 10 with a boss power driver pedal ( i think that's what it's called, but with amp distortion and pedal distortion it creates imitation tube ampage) and i use the stock infinity pups and my gauges are .10-.54 elixirs. (just can't get enough of elixirs... work wonders and sound new for a real long time). i can't believe this guitar... incredible finish, the neck fits unbelievably comfortably in my hand... but the hardtail is a bit close to the bridge pickup, not an annoyance but it was a little while before i was used to it.

just wondering, anyone else play with the tension a bit tighter? i just can't stand it loose... loosey goosey. or lucy goosee. and also, i'm thinking: can i sand the gloss finish off the body and headstock? i prefer natural finishes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FortePenance

Reaction score
haha lucy goosee, welcome. :p

I like higher tension on the bass strings and something like 9.5s tension on the thinner strings.

I remember seeing a post where someone had half-sanded their 7321 finish. Looked neat.

ckadaverr

Mr. Chad
Reaction score
i like all the sexual inuendos in your profile, ejaculadhesive. impressive.

man i'd love to sand it down and oil it...

rg7 with koa body mmmmm.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ask Shawn he was refinishing his Ibanez maybe a mounth or two ago.

')