Beginner/faq moves?

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of threads asking questions about particular guitars being moved to beginner/faq. Why is that? Asking a question about a particular guitar is not a beginner question. It takes away responses because the thread gets less exposure. I have been here for almost 10 years and have never seen this happen until recently. Their not even my threads and it's annoying to me. Not to mention the OP.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
General "guitar vs. guitar" and "make x sound like y" threads have been moved to Beginner/FAQ since right about the time I became a mod, early 2010ish. Same goes for threads asking about a basic feature found on most guitars, trems or humbuckers for instance.

If anything things have been a little more lax since they used to all get merged into their respective megathreads.

Have any specific examples that don't at all fit into those few categories? I haven't migrated a thread in some months but a first page glance is maybe showing one borderline thread.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Well a guy just posted a thread asking strandberg OS owners how tuning stabilty is and how they are holding up over time. That is not a thread that asks about general guitar knowledge. It's a pretty specific question. The other day a guy asked for information about Washburn N4's. Also not a general beginner question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Now there is another one asking about the differences between JP's.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The difference between JPs has been covered at length numerous times and the info is readily available on EBMM's site.

That said, without reading the specific threads, I probably wouldn't have moved them unless they were asking something that could easily be found on the manufacturer's website.

If the OPs feel that the threads should be moved they can use the report feature or ask mods specifically.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
The JP one I can see, but the others there was no reason. It seems a mod has just been going all Willy nilly with moving threads.