Behemoth's Nergal: 'Satan stands for everything that is dear to me' – interview

• Thread starter Chemical-Pony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
From Breeding Pestilence: An Interview with Nergal | Metal Blast!

MB: What can the fans of Behemoth look forward to now, with The Satanist behind us?
Nergal: This album opened many doors for us, but it also closed many. You can expect anything from us, things could go in any direction there might not even be another record. Either way feels right.
We’re in a very exciting journey right now, it’s a very joyful ride, but I don’t know where it’s going to take us. We might end in a dead-end and just call it quits.

MB: Can you imagine a life without Behemoth?
Nergal: I have so many ideas about so many different things I’m a musician, I’m way more than that. I want to write stuff, another book, play some more music that isn’t necessarily metal. I might do it and keep Behemoth going, but only as long as we find the inspiration for it; if there’s no inspiration then you won’t see us.
There are many bands that just put out records to have a reason to tour, but you won’t see us doing that, because I’m not that kind of person. I wouldn’t compromise like that; so far I have no problems with looking in the mirror, I’ve always been honest. I have a lot of respect for Emperor, who decided to end their career on a high note instead of keep on going; they made no compromises.

He's so friggin' set on becoming a barber. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rei

BrutalChefMetal
Reaction score
Nergal should shut up and just play music. End. Of. Story.

')