Behemoth's "The Apostasy"

• Thread starter ScareRaven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Hello all! Have many of you checked out the new Behemoth album? Most of the content is HUGE and was seeming written sure-footedly by Nergal and co. Those who have listened to the track "Inner Sanctum" were probably just as surprised as I was to hear who the guest musician was. ;) In my humble opinion, this is a mental and spiritual masterpiece. While there is a fair bit of technical content, Behemoth manages to maintain the mysterious kvlt (if you will...) vibe. ;) The artistic and conceptual content is equally satisfactory in "The Apostasy".

What better than to release new Nile and Behemoth discs within days from each other?! This has been a heavenly weekend. :shred:

Sevenstring was used on a few of the tracks, namely Inner Sanctum, At the Left Hand ov God, Libertheme, and Pazuzu.

You would do well to check the new release. ;) Impressive, if you ask me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I bought it yesterday, but i've only listened to a little bit of it. Sounds okay so far, still haven't got to 'inner sanctum' yet.

Snake Doctor

Antiquing?
Reaction score
Granted I've only given it a few listens so far, but I can't seem to get into it, at least not like Demigod, which was pretty much constantly in my player for 6 months.

However i have been like this a few releases this year from my favourite bands, namely Dimmu Borgir, who's newun I could'nt get into at all. Which was really unexpected with everyone saying how much they liked it, I loved DCA and PEM as well.

Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Granted I've only given it a few listens so far, but I can't seem to get into it, at least not like Demigod, which was pretty much constantly in my player for 6 months.

However i have been like this a few releases this year from my favourite bands, namely Dimmu Borgir, who's newun I could'nt get into at all. Which was really unexpected with everyone saying how much they liked it, I loved DCA and PEM as well.

Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

My first impression of Nile's new album was not a good one, but I'm getting more into it as I give more attention to the lyrical content and what-not. It was the same for me with the recent Dimmu Borgir album, and after a few years of not liking Opeth, I decided to sit down and listen through all of their albums at a friends house and now I love their work!

It really is nice to find albums that grab your attention on the first listen though, isn't it? ;)

')