Behold! More crappy pics of my new RG5.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I seriously need a new digital camera. Or more lights in my house. :(

Rg51.jpg

Friggin' wearing the finish off the thing. It was a bit like that when I got it, but it's getting progressively worse. My only real gripe with it so far. This is also the only pic that shows what color it actually is. :lol:

Rg52.jpg

Rg53.jpg

Rg54.jpg

Rg55.jpg

Rg56.jpg

Rg57.jpg

Rg58.jpg

rg59.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The thing is definitely an RG. I got it with 9's, went to 11's, didn't have any extra springs ( :lol: ), so I'm back to 10's on it. Got it in tune in typical frustrating-as-fuck-tremlolo fashion, and have been beating the bag out of it ever since. Intonation on it is fucking awesome, the bridge is great. :yesway:

One other gripe, and it's my fault, not the guitar's. I haven't used a floyd in so long, my picking hand naturally sets right on top of the pickup, and I do a fuckload of muting. I whack the volume knob occasionally, but only if I'm playing up high on the neck for extended periods of time. I with it was just a liiiitle bit further back towards the selector. My RG550 is in the same spot, but since it's locked down I never really had an issue with it.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
EDGE 3!! EEEEEEEVVIIIIIIILLLLL!!!!!!!!

but you said youve had no probs with it..........

sweet axe though

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
The guitar looks BEAUTIFUL!! Is that a gray nickel paintjob? Seriously, awesome guitar, especially with the reverse headstock!

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
The guitar looks BEAUTIFUL!! Is that a gray nickel paintjob? Seriously, awesome guitar, especially with the reverse headstock!

Yeah. It's all basically gunmetal, including all the hardware. I'm a sucker for sharkfins, and these abalone 'fins + the headstock were just too much to pass up. Freakin' $400, I couldn't put it down. It's getting a set of Steve's Specials and a tremol-no and it'll be perfecto.

777 said:

No problems at all, and like I said, I have been HARD on this thing for the last week or so. It's the only guitar I've played, and I've been really kicking the shit out of the trem on it. It's rock-solid.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
that *is* dead-sexy and vicious at the same time. :yesway: Your old RG is not very happy with this, however...

jtm45

Reaction score
Real nice looking guitar Chris!

Particularly loving the finish,the hardware colour and the reverse-headstock of course.
One of those would look sweet as a 6 string buddy for my Dino 7.:yesway:

That rack set-up you got is fookin' awesome as well man!
I gotta' get my amp situation sorted soon but i just don't have the cash for what i want.
Everything (esp. Mesa gear) is just sooooooo ridiculously expensive over here.

I've got a podXT at the moment which is use through my old Marshall head and Marshall 2x12 but i'd really like to get a good stereo power-amp and maybe the XTpro (rack version).
Maybe a Rocktron Chameleon through a valve power-amp would be a cool option too.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
Real nice looking guitar Chris!

Particularly loving the finish,the hardware colour and the reverse-headstock of course.
One of those would look sweet as a 6 string buddy for my Dino 7.:yesway:

That rack set-up you got is fookin' awesome as well man!
I gotta' get my amp situation sorted soon but i just don't have the cash for what i want.
Everything (esp. Mesa gear) is just sooooooo ridiculously expensive over here.

I've got a podXT at the moment which is use through my old Marshall head and Marshall 2x12 but i'd really like to get a good stereo power-amp and maybe the XTpro (rack version).
Maybe a Rocktron Chameleon through a valve power-amp would be a cool option too.

Thanks man. I'm a total rack whore. :lol:

Those cabs will be a pair of Mesa 4x12's shortly, and then I'll pretty much be done with it. Owning your dream rig and not really wanting anything else (other than the rectos) is a pretty good feeling. I actually had a recto not too long ago, and sold it in an act of sheer madness. :( It'll be nice to get things back the way they belong. :D

I was also thinking that your Dino would make a nice compliment to my RG. :idea:

[action=Chris]goes off to learn to code subliminal messages into ss.org[/action]

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Dear god that is gorgeous.

And your rig put tears to my eyes.:fawk:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
That is the sexiest RG of the moment, I really wish they made a seven outta that....

steve777

Reaction score
Chris said:

Beautiful guitar, Chris! Those GC RG's are one hell of a bang for the buck. Sharkfin Inlays and reverse Headstocks RULE!!!:hbang:

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
777 said:

sweet axe though
actually they arnt edge 3's cause i have one and its not one. i think its called like edge pro 2 or something like that. and they are quite decent for being on a "cheap" guitar. they are really fantastic guitars. i hope to get some soon.

')