Behold! More crappy pics of my new RG5.

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
Beatufiul piece! I never heard of this RG# EX series until I started seeing them on Ebay. Were they Guitar Center exclusive or something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yep. I never heard of them either, was just in getting some strings. :lol: I saw the reverse headstock peeking out and said "Whatever that is, it's coming home with me".

The fuckers on eBay are upselling the hell out of them. :\

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fuckin' jackals.

that ad said:
Suggested list price, according to Ibanez distributor, was $729.99.

I'd call around to your GC's and see if they'll get one in for you before bidding on one. For $450, it's worth it, anything more than that is just the dude making pure profit off of you. The thing is really nice though, and even though it's not a top-end bridge I have no problems staying in tune - and I beat the FUCK out of it too. :lol:

I'm hoping Serratus will let me snag this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-RG-7-s...0QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33043QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For a grand. :wub:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
US$560 BIN for a made-in-Indonesia RG? :nuts:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
US$560 BIN for a made-in-Indonesia RG? :nuts:

They sell for $450 new. $560 is high, but it's a limited run, reverse headstock RG, not just any old run of the mill. I'm not saying it's crazy rare, but it's not just another RG either.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I suppose if the good Korean-made stuff is now up in the $700-800 range, they need something in the more entry-level-to-midrange part of the market. I just didn't realize they were getting that much for the Indonesian-built models, regardless of features.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Congrats on your new guitar - it looks very cool indeed!!! I don't get why GC won't sell these things on their web site. I mean, what is the point of having an online store if you don't sell your in-stock instruments there?

When I went to New York on my last visit, I picked up an RG2 EX2 at Guitar Center. A very nice playing and IMHO cool looking guit-fiddle (had only it had a reversed headstock it would have been perfect). However, the crappy stock EMG Designed PUs lasted a grand total of five minutes in this thing and it now sports a Breed in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck.

I know it's a $300 fruit of Indonesian child labour, but it truly sounds great and is a nice playing instrument... It'll be a VERY nice playing instrument once i get around to doing a fret job on it.

Billede013.jpg

As you can see it's basically a pimped up RG321 - but the cheesy white colour, matching headstock and black neck and body binding truly makes me want to shake my wild '80's-permed mane and :shred:

Cheers

Eske

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's almost like having a PGM...but without the maple.

')