Behold...the Arctopus! are back!

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

morrowcosom

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about these guys last night. They definitely create some interesting textures with their music.

Their is virtuoso stuff like AAL and Steve Vai who stun you with their speed and dexterity. BtA on the other hand is like "How the fuck is that guy able to keep track of where that note is in the space of the beat (I am going to rest for 7 pieces of a quintuplet and then I am going to play this note for 6 pieces of an 11-tuplet), how the hell is he doing those spasmic tempo changes?"

It is a whole new level of memorization, awareness of the beat, and rhythmic accuracy. Not to mention the crazy ass serialistic nature of their melodies.

Red Beard

Reaction score

Footage from the Feb. 16 show at Public Assembly. Four new tracks, fifteen minute video.
With the inclusion of Weasel Walter on drums, the music has become more dissonant and more complex. Hopefully this album will have some success, as some great music in this vein is overlooked, The Flying Luttenbachers being an example.

Colin Marston - 12 string Warr Metal
Mike Lerner - 7 string Ibanez
Weasel Walter - drums

regodus

Reaction score
Whoo hoo! We played with these dudes a couple of years back at a tiny club called the milestone in Charlotte,nc. they were sick!

Red Beard

Reaction score
A video has been posted of the Behold... the Arctopus show at Saint Vitus on Feb. 24. This one has better audio and is an entire 30 minute set.

Here's the video of the Feb 16 show.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Getting myself into Behold... The Arctopus, now that they've got new material coming, I am excited to hear some more crazy ideas and playing.

ixlramp

Reaction score
His use of Warrguitar is the sickest most monstrous instrument i've heard ... i love it :)

2871103496_60818dfb98_z.jpg

Latest posts

')