Behold The Bastard UV from Hell! (666k here to slay)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
ill be down soon then.. no joke im moving to about an hour or two from london in a month! :shred::shred:
did my lil guide on the oiling and finishing work ok for you?

Cool :) Yeah, got it, tung oiled it last night, 2 coats, wiped of residue this morning, a little sanding to smooth the neck (haven't got steel wool, but no matter, has still come out good)

Also, just finished stringing it up, and giving it a play. Is very very nice :D.

Not got the hang of the sustainer yet, not sure how close these things need to be to the strings, may also need a few fine tuning adjustments, at the moment it takes a while to catch.

Oh, and it looks way way cooler with strings :D

Bleak

Reaction score
The pickguard and inlays are not to my liking, but the finish is extraordinary. A really fresh idea, and it came out great. Good work!

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
just been playing it, verdict: awesome!

the sustainer works as a neck pickup when off, and actually sounds better than a stock neck ibby pickup, not as good as a blaze, but it does well to be honest. The DS7 in swamp ash is a winner, the guitar itself has a full low end naturally so the DS7 tightens it up nicely, it's also a nice lead pickup as well, in combination with the sustainer, the notes catch that little bit of feedback when held, something my vht UL does, so i am looking forward to playing through it at loud volumes with this
icon_smile.gif

Otherwise, it still feels like an old UV, but the swamp ash body really does add a singing quality to it, i am impressed. I know sims has a bit of a bad rep here, but he did an excellent job, and i am very happy with it.

Also, it looks wicked with strings, i must try to get some good pictures tomorrow!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
It's like you've taken a guitar from the Heavens and plunged it straight to the depths of Hell....

...awesome! And I'm glad it sounds great. Swamp Ash :yesway:

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
The more coats of oil the better...! :D 0000 steel wool's good but fucking messy (bits of it go everywhere). Yay!

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
Fucking great job man.
Congrats.
It looks so badass and also very playable.:hbang:
Looking forward for some sondclips

Jem7RB

Rootbeer
Reaction score
Oh man, i dunno what making me dribble more bro, the overall look, or the endless wailing sustain :) :shred: loving it tons !!!

Piro

Reaction score
I love the inlays. Post a step by step. More accurately: what did you seal them in with and what size holes did you drill?

EdgeC

Songs in C#
Reaction score
Im going to be a bit unpopular here but If there was no scratch plate and the knobs and pups were all black you have a winner.

But being a shcecter whore none of my 3 sevens have scratch plates so maybe its just an Ibanez thing.

Also, I get the concept on the screw head inlays but for me it just doesn't look quite finished.

Still awesome though. I'd love to do something like this one day but I wouldn't know where to start.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Good god I love that finish.

Also, I want a DS7 with black/red bobbins :lol: how did you convince DiMarzio to do that or how did you get it period? DiMarzio's page says they only offer black/cream and all black.. If I can get red/black or all red I'm gonna get one of the black Douglas SR370s and get some red pinstriping tape and go to town on it (essentially the same thing I did to my douglas SR340, but with red instead of white).

Latest posts

')