Belated NGD: Ibanez Jem 70v!

• Thread starter glassmoon0fo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
So, I walk into my local guitar store about two weeks ago and this pretty seafoam grean beauty catches my eye. I was just there to get some strings, but I decided to pick it up and play just for a minute. Then I bought it :lol:

I've been against floating bridges for years now, since I just don't use them and I've never found a bridge that didn't require more maintenance than they were worth. But I see what everyone is talking about when it comes to the original Edge, it's just exactly what you'd need in a floating bridge. Beyond just the bridge on this guitar, I was pretty damn impressed with the Premium build quality, especially the fretwork. I've played Vai stuff on my two EBMM JP6s a couple of times, and it just feels RIGHT on this one :hbang:. It's actually up for sale right now because I wasn't supposed to be dropping cash on another guitar in my current situation, but if it doesn't sell I won't be sore. Just have to eat light for a while haha, but I WILL be owning one of these down the road either way.

Pics up later, for now this vid should do! Recorded it this morning, and it's a little rough but I never catch my best runs on video anyway. Hope you enjoy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Very cool guitar, love the finish on those new Jems.
Liked your playing on the track too, well done!!!

Jahanasaurus

Reaction score
that is gorgeous! I remember when these were announced! Righteous guitar purchase dude!

fortisursus

Reaction score
I dig the contrast of the frets and fingerboard. I've always liked bright guitars with contrast and this has it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
My favorite Vai song by far...

You just blew my fuckin' mind. :yesway:

Which wah are you using?

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm using an Ibanez Screamin' Demon, bass cut almost completely with normal Q and level. Great little wah, does just about anything I want it to. I'm playing this thing more than my petruccis lately, it's seriously a great instrument especially considering the money I spent on it.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
More proof the JEM7V is completely and utterly over priced. These things slay and play just as well as the real deal.

Great score man. Hope you get to keep it!

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
You'd be disgusted at some of the shit I've bought on impulse :lol: Honestly didn't feel bad about this purchase, I knew it was worth what they were asking within five minutes of playing it :yesway:

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
Those come with DiMarzios and the original Edge, right?

And yeah, a maple fretboard would be awesome on this. Without the vine inlays, too. ;)

//EDIT: Found this mockup:

Jem70V-maple-fretboard.jpg

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
yup, original edge and Evo set of pups. I cant imagine the jem 7v being so much better, maybe with a more solid or heavy feel due to the alder body, but really this is more than enough for me =). I saw those mockups on jemsite as well, and I do like the maple board with the vines, but I have a hard time keeping maple boards looking fresh if I really like the guitar haha.

')