Belated NGD - Matt Heafy Snøfall 6 string

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
That reminds me of a Buckethead guitar...real nice looking!

;>)/

Totally dude, 20% of the reasons why I bought this.

Nice guitar, happy NGD!

Any idea why he called it Snøfall (Snowfall) in norwegian? I haven't listened to Trivium in a long time, but I don't think they play norwegian style blackmetal or anything near that?
To me it just looks like danish with spelling mistakes (like all written norwegian), it should be 'Snefald' (and yes the 'd' is silent).

It may be because of the opening track of their CD "Silence in the snow", now, I don't have a clue on why Matt called that track like that but I'm guessing just because of A E S T H E T I C :D

So you're implying that it's the correct spelling in Norwegian? Then it sure just goes with the thematic of that album.

Snefald probably would be a nice name for when I have a son.

Christ! None more white! I actually like it...nice score. Needs christened though...mojo
..dirt...blood...tobacco etc. ;-)

Probably a little by of this and that will go on this one. Hopefully not blood though, it would ruin the mystique you guys!

Didnt know epi moved to indo too. Sweet looking guitar though

I think it's been a while since they produce their signatures in there, never had the chance to play a Korean (or whatever they were before) one but I'm sure they are on par :D

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I think it's been a while since they produce their signatures in there, never had the chance to play a Korean (or whatever they were before) one but I'm sure they are on par :D

Yeah totally not questioning quality Epiphone has been nailing it lately just thought they did all MIC

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
Yeah totally not questioning quality Epiphone has been nailing it lately just thought they did all MIC

I've seen at least a couple of MII models around, I don't know if they totally stopped their MIK lines though. As a teenager I used to daydream on having a Marcus Henderson Apparition (the one that looked like an explorer) and I always though that was a MIK. Then I think I read somewhere it was a MIC so now I have no idea what the MIK models were.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I've seen at least a couple of MII models around, I don't know if they totally stopped their MIK lines though. As a teenager I used to daydream on having a Marcus Henderson Apparition (the one that looked like an explorer) and I always though that was a MIK. Then I think I read somewhere it was a MIC so now I have no idea what the MIK models were.

Yeah I didn't know they still had MIK, I have an epi LP from like 1999 that MIK but yeah either way they have fairly good QC regardless of where they are manufactured, and they seem to be stepping up their game with slightly better electronics and hardware than they used to.

Sogradde

Reaction score
I'd wager that going over the brighter part with an UV lamp should be enough to turn it into the same colour as the rest of the fretboard. Just use small doses and wait a little to see what happens.

In other news: A couple of days ago I saw an IG post from Aristides, showing Matt with "his" 070. Did he just switch endorsements?

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't know they still had MIK, I have an epi LP from like 1999 that MIK but yeah either way they have fairly good QC regardless of where they are manufactured, and they seem to be stepping up their game with slightly better electronics and hardware than they used to.

It seems so! I just wish they kept their prices a little bit more affordable (but I think that's the case with most companies right now) but well, I'm really satisfied with the QC of this particular guitar so I feel you get what you pay for.

I'd wager that going over the brighter part with an UV lamp should be enough to turn it into the same colour as the rest of the fretboard. Just use small doses and wait a little to see what happens.

In other news: A couple of days ago I saw an IG post from Aristides, showing Matt with "his" 070. Did he just switch endorsements?

That's a brilliant idea, I'll try it when I have a UV light (forgot mine back home) and post results after some trials.

As for Aristides and Matt, I don't think he's gonna be endorsed by them, probably just a normal order, I'm guessing he can get more money from Epi than from Ari?

Reaction score

I would be surprised if that happened. He's always been a Les Paul guy. The reason he did his original signature in black was because he wanted to model it after his Gibson but also make it affordable.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
That's a cool guitar! I have a soft spot for Trivium and his signatures.

He streams regularly on twitch and did an unboxing of the Aristides. It was a standard order and he's still endorsed by Gibson/Epiphone. Can't fault the guy for wanting a few different guitars. Plus, it was a fanned fret 8 string guitar, so well outside of his signature range, for sure.

Curt 8771

Reaction score

No he didnt. He also actually just received a custom Aristide 8 too. He just uses them for twitch streams and warmup stuff.

Live as of a month ago was still all epiphone.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
Nice guitar, happy NGD!

Any idea why he called it Snøfall (Snowfall) in norwegian? I haven't listened to Trivium in a long time, but I don't think they play norwegian style blackmetal or anything near that?
To me it just looks like danish with spelling mistakes (like all written norwegian), it should be 'Snefald' (and yes the 'd' is silent).
It may be because of the opening track of their CD "Silence in the snow", now, I don't have a clue on why Matt called that track like that but I'm guessing just because of A E S T H E T I C :D
Ihsahn actually composed the opening track of that album, and he's good friends with Heafy since they're fans of each others' works and even have a project together (Mrityu).

goobaba

Reaction score
I bought a used Epi Les Paul with EMG 81's and 85's, and it is a great guitar! Not the Heafy model, but I'm guessing they are not all that different at the end of the day. I was eyeing the MKH sig for a while but couldn't swallow the price. But there are plenty of used LP customs for dirt cheap if you want a similar experience!

')