Ben affleck is the new batman

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Why is it that Hollywood can knock it out if the park in casting just about every super hero except Batman? Downey Jr as Ironman? Excellent. Tobey Maguire as Spider-man? Nice! Christopher Reeves as Superman? Of course! Patrick Stewart as Professor Xavier? Iconic. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? I can't imagine it any other way.

Now let's look at Batman:
Michael Keaton: WTF?
Val Kilmer: WTF?
George Clooney: Srsly? WTF
Christian Bale: Thankfully we got a decent Batman. Rejoice!
Ben Affleck: Christian Bale, why have you forsaken us?!

straymond

Reaction score
Maybe we should cut him some slack.
After all, he DID do daredevil.

No, wait....

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm willing to wait and see on this one. 5 years ago, I think I would have beat my head against a wall. However, in recent memory he's been in The Town and Argo (not to mention miraculously turned into one of the best directors in Hollywood) and gave perfectly good if low-key performances in each. Now that he's no longer being typecast as a prettyboy and has been able to show what he can do when he's got room to stretch, I've got more faith in him.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
w8f0Djl.gif

afflac.jpg

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I was extremely surprised to hear he was the new batman. Can't really see him as the tortured soul type but like other people have said he has shown his dynamics in the last few movies he's been in. Hopefully this just pushes it to the next level. I mean.... who would have thought the guy from broke back mountain and 10 things I hate about you would have done one of the most intense and memorable roles in recent history. Just saying.

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
:agreed:... while not my first choice, or second, or even a distant tenth, I believe that he could pull it off, and I really hope that he does. Dude's definitely got the chops and Snyder did pretty damn good with Watchmen.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
Really, what's the matter? Their interpretation of Batman for this particular film is of a seasoned veteran crimefighter, a role which actually suits Affleck quite well. The guy can act, and I'm sure everyone else knows what they're doing.

Is this a case of bandwagons or...?

pink freud

Reaction score
I was thinking about it, Kiefer Sutherland would be a good Batman. Just do Jack Bauer, with a little less murder and in a black suit.

wankerness

Reaction score
Does anyone seriously think the actor matters when he's cast against that charisma vacuum that's playing Superman and it's being directed by Zach Snyder?

')