Ben affleck is the new batman

• Thread starter straymond
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Didn't everyone crapped on Daniel Craig, when he was introduced as the new 007 in 2005? Just saying... if that's not enough, how about the outrage people got when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker?

But Ledger was a good actor...

I think Affleck is a bit overrated... I think Ashton Kutcher as Jobs is a bit hard to take seriously too... :shrug:

The only problem I've had with alot of the Batmans is that it seems most could only pull off one or the other. I thought Michael Keaton was the best all around so far. George Clooney was a good Bruce Wayne in my opinion, but I just didn't feel like he was Batman... Val Kilmer I didn't really dig at all. The Christian Bale dude... Ehh... He was okay at either, but I'm still not sure how I feel about him. Affleck, I think might be able to do Batman, but I'm questioning his ability to pull off Bruce Wayne... :2c:

Reaction score
rtTNWy8.jpg

Big_taco

Reaction score
It will either be another watchable superhero movie or suck. Either way in five or six years someone else will be playing the Bat so who cares. At this point Batman is up there with other classic characters where it doesn't matter how much the person playing them sucks the character himself will always be badass and survive a shit performance.

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
But Ledger was a good actor...

I think Affleck is a bit overrated... I think Ashton Kutcher as Jobs is a bit hard to take seriously too... :shrug:

The only problem I've had with alot of the Batmans is that it seems most could only pull off one or the other. I thought Michael Keaton was the best all around so far. George Clooney was a good Bruce Wayne in my opinion, but I just didn't feel like he was Batman... Val Kilmer I didn't really dig at all. The Christian Bale dude... Ehh... He was okay at either, but I'm still not sure how I feel about him. Affleck, I think might be able to do Batman, but I'm questioning his ability to pull off Bruce Wayne... :2c:

I don't know how Affleck can be considered overrated when everyone has had such a negative reaction towards his announcement as the Batdude. He's been forced to see his limitations and strengths in his profession in a way that not a lot of others have had to, so I doubt he'd have taken the role without serious consideration as to whether or not he could pull it off. Who the hell would want to take the role after Bale was critically and commercially so loved without questioning their ability to at least match that performance? Here's three major reasons why I think his casting isn't so bad:

1) This movie won't have Batman as the central character, it's a sequel to a Superman movie. Affleck won't have to carry the story as the centre of attention, and for all we know there will be very little Bruce Wayne involved.

2) Zack Snyder's Superman film wasn't exactly warmly received to the best of my knowledge. I haven't seen it, and I don't really intend to, as Superman is easily my least favourite comic book character. But the reviews I saw were lukewarm, and when I've asked friends who saw it the general response was: "It was good enough. Wait til it's on DVD, it's not worth paying $20 for a movie ticket.". This is the only benchmark they have to beat, as this film will have nothing to do with Nolan's trilogy.

3) If Zack Snyder is helming this project too, then I don't think high expectations are in order. I've only seen his first three films: Dawn of the Dead (fell flat), 300 (no substance whatsoever), and Watchmen. I think he did a surprisingly good job of Watchmen considering the high benchmark the original story set, but again, there was only time for the story. The actors who played Rorschach and Comedian did a surprisingly good job, but the characters in general were pretty ....ing lifeless. This seems to be a bit of a common thing for Snyder.

So, if you want your next Batman to be amazing, you'll just have to pretend that Superman 2: Supermanner doesn't exist. If you just want to see a well-loved comic book storyline brought to a film screen, then it doesn't really matter who the actors are, because Snyder will give you a story, and you'll have to fill in the blanks yourself character-wise.

Sucker Punch.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Ben's a good actor and the last few movies were pretty good but...

Christian Bale all the way!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I'm just going to put this here for all you conspiracy theorists.....

Source: Jersey Girl (2004)

https://vine.co/v/hel3JgVtpqg

haha

Edit: A awesome quote from a facebook discusion on this topic:

"Wait who's Batman?"
-"That jerk from Fashionable Male"

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
^After watching those few seconds, I think Tom Cruise is a fine choice.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
Ben as Batman?

Lets put it this way....
when they casted Heath Ledger as The Joker, they ranted at first. And now his performance is legendary. One of the best acting I've seen.

Let's see what Affleck has got and rant later on.
I'm stoked to see a new Batman.

TheDeathOfMusic

Reaction score
Ben as Batman?

Lets put it this way....
when they casted Heath Ledger as The Joker, they ranted at first. And now his performance is legendary. One of the best acting I've seen.

Let's see what Affleck has got and rant later on.
I'm stoked to see a new Batman.

Everyone keeps bringing this up and I would just like to point out Ben Affleck has never put in a performance like Heath Ledger did in Brokeback Mountain.
People might not have had faith in Heath but that was due to the fact he had never taken on a role like the Joker before, not because he was a bad actor.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I didn't like Heath Ledger as the Joker. I also didn't like Christian Bale as Batman. Thus, I believe I'm entitled to my scepticism.

')