Bernie rico jr. hesperian 7

• Thread starter xshreditupx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
recently i have been in contact with bernie rico jr about becoming a part of the rico jr player family. let me say that he is one the most dedicated owners of any company i have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. he keeps himself 100 percent available, to the point of being in contact with him at 10 oclock at night on a weekend. amazing contact, customer service and honestly i feel like i have gained a friendship from the whole experience. im really excited about being on the rico jr team and i dont think i could ask for a cooler person to deal with.so lets get to the guitar.

first things first. the look. with the first look at the guitar i was taken back. the whole guitar is natural finish, oiled and smooth. there are a lot of little things about it that the pictures bernie sent didnt show. the attention to detail is amazing. small things like bevels around the headstock that look like they were hand sanded, the flawless matching of the wood, the neck joint is perfect. its really put together well.

there is a figured maple center cap on the top. its perfectly matched and looks great.

sound- the guitar is equipped with black out pickups, i have never used there pickups but knowing the music i play and what i was looking for bernie suggested i check them out. he was right, the guitars sound fits my needs 100 percent. tight bottom end, midrange cuts well, bright top and but not too much.

feel- the neck is like silk. every fret is 100 percent playable and reachable. the shape and feel of the neck is perfect (shredder radius). fastest neck ive ever played. the back of the neck is so smooth if you arent careful when you pick it up it will slip right out of your hands haha.

the guitar has a 5 bolt/bushing neck joint and you can tell just by looking at it that it is done perfect. lots of time and though went into the whole guitar. just the way the neck joint is carved shows that the craftsmanship is built around a players needs.

all of the hardware is top of the line, grover tuners, floyd rose locking trem, volume and tone pots are tight and roll well. a stiff 3 way switch, nothing sloppy, everything is placed at easy reach. tremel-no system gives you the options of a floating trem or a fixed. lots of cool stuff

the headstock is awesome, great shape, cool angles, just well put together over all.

honestly i cant see myself playing anything else at this point.just sold one of my uvs and i am thinking about selling another. my new rico jr is flawless. im stoked.

patrick
FIT FOR AN AUTOPSY on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars 2009 - Welcome To Our Website

Attachments

• photo-8.jpg
    photo-8.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 16

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats!
I love the hesperian body shape
I've got a rico 7 on it's way myself, I can't wait for it to get here!

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
yeah man, seriously, best guitar i have ever owned. your gonna freak out when you play that thing. so awesome.

LOUDONE

Reaction score
Nice! Congrats! Once you play a guitar that exceeds expectations such as the Bernie Rico line, you just can't fathom playing anything else... :hbang:

s_the_fallen

Contributor
Reaction score
Thats funny man. I was actually looking at buying this one when it was posted on his website! I'm selling both of my 8 strings now if you are interested. my Agile that you tried out and my Red Schecter Hellraiser.

usagi

more gain please
Reaction score
I wanted that guitar. I have scheming trying to find a way to afford it. Glad it is worth the money. Some day soon I'll have one of these.

XxXPete

Reaction score
Great Review Patrrick..I still want one.sent a promo pack out to B ..but I never heard anything.

thericoguy

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words and reviews guys! I'm glad you dig the guitar Patrick!

XxXPete call me at the shop and if i don't answer because I'm working on guitars leave me a message at 760-956-6619 or email me.

scr.im Share your email in a safe way. Get less spam.

I have been totally buried with orders for the holidays and have been finally catching up.

Got a few very cool bolt on's coming online soon but go ahead and call or email me.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
i just bought a mike sherman 8 from someone on the board that i am going to sell and buy another rico. i like the sherman but its just not playable like the ricos are. for me rico has it. my band is recording as soon as i get back from cali (going to visit bernie and see the factory) so hopefully i can get an 8 to use on the record as well. hahah all my money on guitars and tattoos. LIFE!

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Excellent guitar, great buy man. Bernie Rico has been building great guitars over the last decade. Hope you shred the hell out of that one, thats what it was made for.:metal:

Reaction score
dude i thought you looked familiar! love fit for an autospy just picked up your shirt. im like just realsing this forum has really good bands on it lol you guys chelsea grin....thats all i found lol but yeah

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
i was in a DAY of pigs it was a fun band, but fit for an autopsy just got to busy to handle the two band thing...

and thanks for the good words about FIT FOR AN AUTOPSY. we are working hard to make things happen. new record and lots of label info coming soon. cant wait to get out and start playing.

HexaneLake

Reaction score
that is the sexiest guitar ive ever seen. id sleep with it every night. congrats man

')