Best 7 string for pure metal and beastly low sound

Reaction score
:hbang:
hi guys im in a real dilemma
im going to buy 7 string soon
which one is the real 7 string for metal
is nergal 7 string esp ltd good?:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Find one you like to play, buy some EMG 707's or DiMarzio Crunch Lab + Liquifire and be done.

If you're looking at the lower budget stuff, just go on looks and playability, and get a nice set of pickups. EMG's particularly don't discriminate, you could strap them on to pretty much any guitar and they'd still sound like EMG's.

LTD is a good start, they're putting some really good stuff out at the moment, I might also suggest the Ibanez RG7321 or a used RG7620. This is a pretty common thread, I might suggest using the search feature.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
Find one you like to play, buy a DiMarzio Crunch Lab + Liquifire and be done.

THis if you don't want to route the crap out of your guitar.

EDIT: I'm an idiot I forgot about Phase 1 sized actives.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hate to tell you, there is no "best guitar for metal". Go out and play a bunch of guitars to figure out what you like in an instrument for the sound you're after and buy one you like.

I haven't played the Nergal sig specifically, but overall LTDs are pretty solid guitars from a quality for price standpoint and should do what you're after.

Searching to read reviews of different guitars would probably help as well.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I played the Nergal LTD sig in Dallas, and I have to say it was pretty fucking solid! Definitely the sound you're looking for.

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score
everything counts to me w/ wood and all i use an old k2 esp for lead mostly its a 6 w/ emg 81's floyd rose helps too w/ the bouncing riffs , lighter strings only 10-46 and i'm tuned drop A so no high e . but for pure heavy riffs i use my ltd h-307 w/ emg 707's . its a mahgony body derfore its gonna be darker plus the 707 pickups was supose to sound like a 81 and a 89 combined i do beleave YouTube - Heilarky's Channel

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^707 pair sounds like an 85/85 combo, my personal favorite 6 EMG combo, and 7 for that matter.

Reaction score
actually i have two esp's
i think they are wayy bitchin
esp ltd hex 7 will make a good choise.:idea:

Van

Banned
Reaction score
I vote for getting the ltd Hex7, just make sure to post a NGD thread with lots of pictures of it

Humanoid

Reaction score
My friend has a Hex 7 and I don't really like it. I couldn't get the strings adjusted low enough without any fret noise. The neck and pickups are ok, but I'm not an EMG lover.

If I'd to choose, I would pick Ibanez 742x/762x, LTD H-207/307 or SC-607.

cregmachine

Reaction score
id recomend a COW signature one, its such a basic guitar with just 1 emg 707 pickup but, it sounds awesome and it sustains for aaaaaaaggggggeeeeeeeeessssssss

BC6x3

Reaction score
ESP LTD MH-417 is a really nice one, around $700 u.s. but if you're in the nergal sig price range I'd say the schecter blackjack atx 7 string, which has seymour duncan blackouts, is a true baby eater.

')