BEST 7 STRING HEAVY RHYTHM CHUG!

• Thread starter mrpotente
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Covenant is certainly faster and more bassy but I wouldn't say heavier. It's all a matter of opinion. The last track "God Of Emptiness" is very brutal tone wise though. I know live their tone is monstrous but like a lot of earlier DM acts the CD quality suffers. I was going for album tone over live tone.

Of course, you're right there, Morbid Angel Destroyed at wacken...but...dude I've heard Suicide Silence and I dont mean to be a dick here but they sound like every other down-tuned Death Core band out there...:scratch:

I think the notes being played and the context in which they are being played is of equal importance to tone. For instance I straight up don't like the majority of the tones of some of my favorite bands. It's the context in which the tones are used that makes them sound amazing.

If you look at it this way - A 7 string is just a B tuned 6 string with the high E down the bottom ;)

Update: I just watched the video for their song 'Bludgeoned'...

GIVE ME MY FUCKING TWO AND A HALF MINUTES BACK :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never said they were a good band. All I said was that they have some pretty heavy parts on their album that I happen to like, and they fit into the 7 string category. I'm sorry they're not a better band. I know they sound generic but this thread isn't "MOST UNIQUE 7 STRING HEAVY RHYTHM CHUG!". I realize that a tuned down 6 is essentially the same thing, but the thread is not "BEST DOWN TUNED 6 STRING HEAVY RHYTHM CHUG!". I'm sorry that I tied you down, held open your eyes, and made you watch that video. I can only hope that someday you forgive me for being so physical.

')