Best 7 Stringer under 700?

• Thread starter BlindingLight7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
oh and whatever you're going to buy... try it out first!

Reaction score
I'd patiently hunt down a used ESP LTD 7-string in the 307 range: M-307, H-307, or MH-307. Neck-thru construction, mahogany, EMG's (passives stock, though many upgraded them with actives, and of course you could upgrade them yourself), awesome feeling necks (not too thin, not too thick).

Just keep in mind that if you're going with Schecter, their 7-strings are pretty much all 26.5" scale.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I'd go for the 2nd factory blemished Schecters Kingkabong talked about. It's a store from a guy called Tim Mauery or something. I got my Schecters (new though) there and the're great, nicely set-up and great service.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i happen to be buying a custom, which is the only reason im buying a new guitar :lol:

and whoever said "keep in mind all schecter 7's are 26.5 scale" -that's a good thing.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
yeah i like the 26'5, theres a hellraiser c-7 at gc that i think im gunna pick up, its the older black one with just body binding

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
im looking to buy a better seven pretty soon here for band stuff

so heres the key interests im looking for
road worthy.
gig worthy.
either neck thru or set thru, the only bolt ons i like are ibanez
i'd like to buy new if possible

shoot me some suggestions homies!

If you can, try and find a 7xiphos from somewhere other than guitar center, i got mine for 680, whle guitar center prices them at 899

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
RG 7620/7621. I got my 7621 for under 400 and it's pretty slamming now that I threw a set of of bareknuckle nailbombs in there (which was a wee bit less than 300 if I remember correctly)

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 for the 7620. They can be picked up so reasonably, and they're a hell of a guitar for the money: great necks on them, awesome fret work, simply the best (imo) trem and stock p-ups that will give you a reasonable sound, at least the neck, all other hardware is great, too.

Ibanez get a lot of flack now, but I haven't played recent models so I don't know how justified that is. But the older stuff is first rate.

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
^they get the most flack just from lack of options. Basically put out the same model with a different trem (imo worse), different pickups (imo worse), and fretends (this improvement though) since late 90s. And now they don't even offer the other models that are generally the more liked (long scales and ones with mahogany bodies)

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
I second the 7621. My 7621M is hands-down the nicest guitar I've ever played, and while they don't normally come with mahogany bodies, the neck and feel of the guitar on the whole = winwinwin

goalie39

Reaction score
I own the ibanez s7320 its a great guitar and I got it brand new on ebay for 500. if you look hard and are patient there are good deals there on the s guitars. The zr trem is amazing, way better than the floyd on my esp. the only thing that sucks is the pickups but they are bearable.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
well..im pretty much sure in getting a s7320. but if someone wants to wow me with something go ahead lol

thebhef

King....of....Mountn
Contributor
Reaction score
7620. LOVE mine. EBAY!!!

Or here, mine actually came from djpharoh, so look around on the for sale section.

matty2fatty

Reaction score
I also bought my schecter from that mauery guy on ebay, it came really fast and is a really great guitar. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again (I'm sort of thinking of a loomis, for no particularly good reason :hbang:)

Latest posts

')