Best 7 Strings for 700/800 euros

• Thread starter Twixtor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Twixtor

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, my name is Alex and i'm from Italy!
I want to but a seven string guitar, i mainly play prog, djent and metal in general, and my budget is around 700/800 euros.
I saw some models that i like:
- Ibanez RGDIX7MPB (Electric Guitar RGD - RGDIX7MPB Iron Label | Ibanez guitars)

- Ibanez RGAIX7FM (Electric Guitar RGA - RGAIX7FM Iron Label | Ibanez guitars)

- Chapman mls-7 (ML-7 S | Chapman Guitars)

- Washburn PX SOLAR 170C (Washburn PX-SOLAR170C Electric Guitar)

Then i saw also Hapas guitars, and i fell in love with them, but they cost a little bit too much, and i don't want to wait 6 months to get one...(but i keep thinking about it, so you never know)

I really like the Washburn, it's so metal :hbang:
By the way, if anybody could give me some advices, on which one is better, or even better, if you know other guitars on this budget, please let me know!

Last thing, i already have a Schecter C1, so i would prefer not to buy an Hellraiser C7, or any other Schecters. Don't get me wrong, i love my Hellraiser, but i don't want to have two guitars that are the same, just with an additional string ;)

Thank you all who will answer, have a good day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
I'd just get the Ibanez RGA, because I'm an Ibanez guy and it has surprisingly nice DiMarzios.

All of those guitars are good, and can be setup to play incredible. The main question is, what are you looking for in a guitar?

max3000

Reaction score
The Ibanez certainly wins in the looks department. But the Chapman has the advantage of having a 26.5" scale length and a hipshot bridge.

Twixtor

Reaction score
Thank you both!
The problem with this guitars is that I can't try them, beacouse i can't find them in any shop :( That's why i'm asking you...
It's my first 7 strings, so I don't have anything to compare it with...
Keep in mind that i could raise my budget if there is a guitar that is really worth it!
Btw, I play metal, prog, ecc, so what i'm looking for is a guitar with good playability, good materials and that suits the music genre

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Buona fortuna a trovare in Italia quelle Ibanez in quella fascia di prezzo!
Good luck in finding those Ibby in Italy for that price...theey're usually around € 900,00

Twixtor

Reaction score
asdasd_zpsaremtia4.jpg
asdasd_zpsaremtia4.jpg
Can anyone also tell me the name of this thing?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
gruvgear fretwrap. probably some other brands make them now too.

Deadens the resonation of strings behind the nut. I just use a hair tie, or piece of black foam under the strings, since its less obstructive looking, and a lot cheaper (almost free).

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Thank you both!
The problem with this guitars is that I can't try them, beacouse i can't find them in any shop :( That's why i'm asking you...
It's my first 7 strings, so I don't have anything to compare it with...
Keep in mind that i could raise my budget if there is a guitar that is really worth it!
Btw, I play metal, prog, ecc, so what i'm looking for is a guitar with good playability, good materials and that suits the music genre

The main differences between those are the neck profile and general weight.

The Ibanezes and Washburn are lighter, while the Chapman is competing with bass guitars. RGD is the lightest of the bunch.

Now for neck profiles, Ibanez is a little wider feeling, has flat spot on the back and is thinner than the other ones. Chapman and Washburn will feel narrower and a little more C-shaped, like your Schecter.

One last difference is shape. RGA is an archtop, like your Schecter. RGD has deep bevels, which has the same effect of effectively lifting the bridge higher from the body, from the viewpoint of your right hand. Washburn and Chapman are flat-tops, like an RG, and will cause your right hand to rest differently against the body.

Finally, the Washburn has the best neck joint of any of these, and possibly any superstrat ever. I played one in a store and it was cheap feeling, though. It could have been specitic to that one guitar, or all of them. I dunno.

Twixtor

Reaction score
I think i finally found what is good for me... I will raise the budget and get a Markline handmade guitar:hbang:

')